Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an aftermarket street legal kit, no wires cut all wiring harnesses. I keep popping the fuse to the headlights. Any ideas? All the other electronics keep working like the dash, starter etc including the blinkers. It’s the kit from Ruthless motor in Moab Utah. I’ll contact them too. Just wondering if anyone has had electronic issues and fixes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
disconnect one accessory lite, control switch,etc. at a time and go from there to see which connection is problematic

or disconnect it all and plug one it at a time

only 2 things “satisfy” a fuse - overload or short circuit

are you sure it’s related to street kit ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
disconnect one accessory lite, control switch,etc. at a time and go from there to see which connection is problematic

or disconnect it all and plug one it at a time

only 2 things “satisfy” a fuse - overload or short circuit

are you sure it’s related to street kit ?
Street kit is the only thing I’ve done to it since I bought it brand new so figured it had to be the causative factor for now.
Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon R
20 Posts
So I’m not sure if this will help or hurt you but I installed a Baja designs squadron sport kit. I’ve also had problems blowing the headlight fuse ever since. I’m still trying to sort out why it is happening but when I test amps at the headlight fuse I get .4 or .8 with the low and high beams when the key switch is on but the engine isn’t running. For whatever reason if I start the motor I’ve had the amps shoot up to 12.7 which makes zero sense to me but that’s my current dilemma. 🙃

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I’m not sure if this will help or hurt you but I installed a Baja designs squadron sport kit. I’ve also had problems blowing the headlight fuse ever since. I’m still trying to sort out why it is happening but when I test amps at the headlight fuse I get .4 or .8 with the low and high beams when the key switch is on but the engine isn’t running. For whatever reason if I start the motor I’ve had the amps shoot up to 12.7 which makes zero sense to me but that’s my current dilemma. 🙃

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon R
20 Posts
It’s behind a plastic cover that pulls straight out between the backs of the seats. Can’t miss it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts