Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000x
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...now they tell me that the price "may" go up substantially...$3000 approx....because the dealer incentives ended on May 30th and they didn't take possession of the machine yet (it is a dealer trade out of NY). I offered a down payment on the 29th (when they started looking for one) but they said it was unnecessary. What do you all think of the situation?

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Not sure, seems like that would be based on when you actually signed the invoice. If you used Honda credit that would seem to set the date of purchase even if the Talon was delivered later. Seems like the dealer would state final price up front and be stated on the invoice -- my dealer did with me but then I picked it up the same day and it was used (10 hours). Best to discuss with the dealer and or look at the invoice price if you signed one it should be binding. If you do not have an invoice, then I suggest shopping with several dealers for the best price.

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000x
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I don't have an invoice or anything of the kind since I didn't purchase the machine yet and the local dealer wont take possession of it from the out-of-state dealer until at least tomorrow (Wednesday). I will just have to wait it out i guess, but one way or another I will have one before the month's end.

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
68 Posts
Hey Kurt, the factory to dealer incentive was only 1000.00. Both places I was looking at where keeping that anyway and dropping the machine price by 1000.00. I hate to say what I paid but if it helps it was 23550.00 out the door on the 1000x4 live valve. I feel like I did pretty good, I know a lot of places taxes vary. I’m pretty sure you can get one in Utah depending on the what model your eye balling. Good luck guy.

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000x
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just spoke with the dealer and they are honoring the quoted price of $19,300 out the door. I had a couple cheaper options but I would need to do some traveling...gas and a hotel room plus the couple days needed for the transaction didn't make it worthwhile.
Right now, the machine is being looked over by the mechanics so I should be driving by the weekend. (y)

·
Registered
31 Posts
The dealer we bought ours from also had the factory to dealer deal. Dealer got the money back and we got the Talon cheaper plus they threw in close to $1500 worth of extras and also ate the set-up fee.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
I just spoke with the dealer and they are honoring the quoted price of $19,300 out the door. I had a couple cheaper options but I would need to do some traveling...gas and a hotel room plus the couple days needed for the transaction didn't make it worthwhile.
Right now, the machine is being looked over by the mechanics so I should be driving by the weekend. (y)
Excellent and stick with that dealer. If honored the price they must be fair business. Let us know who they are some of our members may be near by.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
The dealer we bought ours from also had the factory to dealer deal. Dealer got the money back and we got the Talon cheaper plus they threw in close to $1500 worth of extras and also ate the set-up fee.
There are a lot of honest dealers out there, but you seldom hear about them only the negative seems to stick. Let us know who they were and I hope some of our members can visit them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2019 1000X-2 yesterday and was told there was a $1500 incentive of some kind, which started in June. It may have applied only to 2019 and 2020 units. Ended up around $19000 after they added the $940 dealer prep or whatever that is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, this Yamaha/Honda dealership had virtually no dirt bikes--they were all but sold out. I bought their last 1000X and they are not anticipating getting any more for awhile.

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000x
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked up the machine Saturday the 6th at Williamsport Honda first thing in the morning. The salesman, Jay, stuck with me during the entire deal and kept me informed. That Talon is a blast!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts