Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my X4 1000 Fox Live Valve the middle of May and got it out to play a little over the 4th. We have a sand based river that we ride through the shallow areas about 12" to 18" deep. I had water splashing up into the windshield area from entering those areas @ 20-25 mph. The display is no longer working at all and I can see some moisture behind the screen on the Speedo/fuel/rpm guage. I have it scheduled for the dealership to look at it this Saturday but they are talking like it will not be covered under the warranty. Anyone have any issues like this? I find it hard to believe that this should be a problem at these depths of water, let alone washing the machine at home? Sales rep said they powerwash these all of the time with no issues. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Shane

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dealership called yesterday to tell me that Honda is denying the warranty saying that the only way this would happen is if the machine was completely submerged. That was not the case. I have the Customer Service number to call at Honda, but this is not a great way to start with owning a Honda. 2 rides since I bought this new.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like dealer BS to me.

Same deal here, dealer spews BS of I’ll order parts before you bring it it —- waiting 6 weeks now to get machine in for warranty for diff leak, right front shock has no gas from Day 1 and a recall.

Generally the warranty and recall work is a money maker at dealerships.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up my Talon from Rods Powersports on Friday. They have found an issue that could affect all Talon owners that play around water at all. The harness that goes into the display is not properly sealed into the display window. There is a gap where water can penetrate into the display housing. Rods Powersports was great to work with as they were going to cover this regardless as they felt it was not a user problem, yet a Honda problem. Now to have some fun with this thing before I park it for the winter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Interesting....I will look at mine and see what it looks like. The first thought I have is that I have seen quite a few Talons completely under water and they didn't have this issue....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting....I will look at mine and see what it looks like. The first thought I have is that I have seen quite a few Talons completely under water and they didn't have this issue....
The service manager has a friend that has done the same with zero problems. I dont know if this is a certain run of "Built Machines" or an overall thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts