Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
I really like the red on white look reminds me of the 89 250R! As far as accessories go I always recommend harnesses as the first thing and after that there is lots of good stuff to chose from, you being in AZ lots of good aftermarket companies in your area. For maintenance check your air cleaner often they work good just expensive replacing a lot when in heavy dust. My uncle put a pre-filter on his like a lot of guys did that you can find on YouTube. I have the turbo on mine so I just have to clean it a lot when in dust. When I clean the machine I treat it as my maintenance pre-flight, but other then my left front output shaft seeping (replaced under warranty a couple times) I鈥檝e had no other issues.
Have Fun!

Registered
I live in North Surprise near Boulders OHV area and Vistancia. Welcome!
For the AZ desert I would highly recommend the S&B Particle Separator. Mine has already paid for itself.
Shock Therapy RIS with Springs and revaluing is incredible here in the rocky desert. Silky smooth and nothing is abrupt. Almost impossible to bottom out... Highly recommended!
32" tires are perfect on the Talon 1000R...
4 point harnesses, fire extinguisher and some Rotopax cans are also a must have.
For the rear storage area, I would recommend the Milwaukee Pack Out System.
I made a aluminum sun visor and a lower air deflector instead of a windshield as they only cause the dust to swirl into the cab in a terrible way. Besides, windshields are for minivans.
A Chase Light Bar on the rear is also a great item in the AZ dust environment...
I have a bunch of auxillary lighting mounted, and actually can't run all at once but I've got a great arsenal for whatever lighting combination is called for at the moment...
I rin the OnX app on a 10" Samsung S7 Tablet mounted to a Ram C size ball and Tab Tire holder attached to the passenger grab bar. This is mandatory in AZ for me and it records everywhere I've ever been which is super helpful.
Ran B size ball and tab tite phone mount in upper left A Pillar area with power port installed there also.
$15 seat beads off Amazon help with the AZ heat and a non sweaty back.
Dual 3' LED Whips mounted on large springs have held up great and look cool!
4500 Pound Winch that I hope I never use...
Jumper cables and jump box thingy...
First Aid Kit
Baby Wipes and baby powder!
Fire extinguisher aluminum quick release mount used for my 1/2 gallon Hydro Flask mounted to the front top roll bar for beverage
Window screen and zip ties to cover the open areas in front of the rear tires...
Gibson Exhaust with exhaust wrap
Tire plug kit
Small air compressor
Small tool kit
I've got a backpack mounted between the seat backs which works great.
Lower door panels by Tusk
Lower door bags for storage
Round handlebar bag on passenger grab rail
Bluetooth Headphones
Roll up soft cooler
Paracord!
Skateboard grip tape on throttle pedal and brake pedal, door handles.
AJK Off Road Throttle Foot Support Bracket
Ricochet HPDM Full Skid Plate with aluminum front a arm guards, rocker panels and trailing arm guards
System 3 15" 6-1 offset beadlock wheels
1.5" RG3 Real Wheel Spacers
And a few other goodies I probably forgot!
I own a rim clamp tire machine and can help with any tire work you need and can also provide meticulous service and upgrades to your machine if you need assistance with any of that.
Enjoy and hope to see you out on the trails sometime!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Registered
I really like the red on white look reminds me of the 89 250R! As far as accessories go I always recommend harnesses as the first thing and after that there is lots of good stuff to chose from, you being in AZ lots of good aftermarket companies in your area. For maintenance check your air cleaner often they work good just expensive replacing a lot when in heavy dust. My uncle put a pre-filter on his like a lot of guys did that you can find on YouTube. I have the turbo on mine so I just have to clean it a lot when in dust. When I clean the machine I treat it as my maintenance pre-flight, but other then my left front output shaft seeping (replaced under warranty a couple times) I鈥檝e had no other issues.
Have Fun!
View attachment 2302
Who did your Turbo? I鈥檓 here in Cave Creek AZ , I鈥檓 really thinking about a turbo but I鈥檓 hearing you need to do pistons and rods at the same time. Do you have any thoughts?

Registered
Who did your Turbo? I鈥檓 here in Cave Creek AZ , I鈥檓 really thinking about a turbo but I鈥檓 hearing you need to do pistons and rods at the same time. Do you have any thoughts?
I had my local dealer here in Walla Walla WA do it. They did a great job installing it, but it apparently was not necessary as he and I were under the impression if you have the dealer do it and if there were any issues it would be taken care of under warranty but that is not the case. My dealer was at the Turbo announcement in Texas with Honda and Jackson and was told this but as the old saying goes 鈥渋f its not in writing, what you are told doesn't matter鈥! So I could have installed it myself and saved the 8 hours of labor cost. Jackson will warranty the parts for a year but neither they or Honda will take care of any labor cost with turbo issues or parts for the turbo after a year if you have the extended warranty. However my dealer has been great on this as he is just as frustrated that he was pretty much lied to on this issue. I absolutely love the power of the turbo and really wish I could recommend it but I can鈥檛. Waste gate bracket bolts shear off, header cracked, turbo support keeps coming loose, header bolts keep coming loose, broken motor mount were the turbo support connects, and a couple other minor things. I have had the turbo for 13 months and put 1800 miles on it with the turbo. I鈥檝e had the machine 22 months and there are 3600 total miles on it with the only issue the first 1800 miles being the leaky front left differential seal. The guys at Jackson are really nice and got the stuff out to me really fast, but when you loose multiple days of riding on vacation more then once it鈥檚 extremely frustrating especially when it鈥檚 hard to get the time off. As far as the pistons and rods I have not heard that, so not sure. The power is a blast but your not getting enough for the cost in my opinion. Sorry it took so long to reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.