Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Over 90 degrees now, how much cooling will I get if I remove lower panels? I put them on before I even drove it. Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I run a while with out them and did not notice a difference, but then again I do NOT run with a windshield. If you have one I hope it is a flip up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the lower door panels and the OEM half windshield and the last trip to the desert it was warm in the car. I removed the windshield and it made a huge difference. I have already blocked of some of the openings by the drivers feet and now most the heat is coming up through the shifter. With the windshield in place it seams to draw the air up through the tunnel, which is great when its cold out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the lower door panels and the OEM half windshield and the last trip to the desert it was warm in the car. I removed the windshield and it made a huge difference. I have already blocked of some of the openings by the drivers feet and now most the heat is coming up through the shifter. With the windshield in place it seams to draw the air up through the tunnel, which is great when its cold out.
I also feel a bunch of air coming in from the firewall, how did I you block it? Any photos? Thanks

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
On the stock temp gauge how many bars are indicated when it is that hot? Normal here is 2 for a stock Talon, if mud packs the radiator it can escalate quickly.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the stock temp gauge how many bars are indicated when it is that hot? Normal here is 2 for a stock Talon, if mud packs the radiator it can escalate quickly.
Well first the convex lens on the instrument gauge sucks during daylight, but when I have strained to see it, I have never seen more than 2 bars, including 90+ temperatures in low and climbing steep trails at altitudes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts