Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not get my Talon to shift into low gear. It is as if the gear selector does not go far enough. I have tried to adjust the cable but that has not helped [in some cases, it even made it harder to get into high or reverse]. I have not experienced any of the issues others have [the popping out of gear, the big "POP", or grinding]. Is my sub-trans shot or is it something else? Any legit help is appreciated, please do not use the thread to bash Honda or dealerships, etc. It gets us no where. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can not get my Talon to shift into low gear. It is as if the gear selector does not go far enough. I have tried to adjust the cable but that has not helped [in some cases, it even made it harder to get into high or reverse]. I have not experienced any of the issues others have [the popping out of gear, the big "POP", or grinding]. Is my sub-trans shot or is it something else? Any legit help is appreciated, please do not use the thread to bash Honda or dealerships, etc. It gets us no where. Thanks
You say it won't go into Low. Ever? Mine was occasional. I think your second sentence is the answer. To get the shifter to go a little further, I cut the right rear corner of the shifter guide to be square, no angle as it comes from Honda. For a bit more shifter travel, I cut a partial 1/2" circle (less than half diameter) in the back edge of the guide at the right side. Together, these let the shifter push the cable a little further and engage Low. It springs back forward into the detent when released, but this doesn't actually move the cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts