Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2020 1000X-4
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve searched all the threads here, google, YouTube and nothing. No one has replied to any request for the termination location of the fuel tank vent hose. I’ve got a CA version 1000X4. Maybe it goes back to the carburetor or a canister of some sort? Strong fuel odor when driving. Zero leaks, just serviced. Wonder if it’s the vent. Please help me find it!

· Registered
384 Posts
look in your service manual or partzilla or similar for your CA model, there is an evap canister and the vent from that goes forward somewhere most likely to a bulkhead fitting/into the frame is my hunch

· Registered
2020 1000X-4
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
look in your service manual or partzilla or similar for your CA model, there is an evap canister and the vent from that goes forward somewhere most likely to a bulkhead fitting/into the frame is my hunch
I appreciate you at least responding! I did check partzilla and the user manual. Unfortunately neither show where any of those components are located on the vehicle. Showing me orientation without any point of reference is not helpful. Their diagrams are for a reference to help you identify and order parts, not to repair or replace those parts.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi. In a California unit, the fuel tank vent goes to an emissions canister in front of the shifter (under the center cupholder/shifter console). In a 50 state unit, the vent runs rearward along shift cable, up the backside of the seat back and into the a hole in the top bar of the frame.

But, if you are getting a strong fuel odor, that isn't right and the location of the cannister is a place where the hose should not have been removed for general servicing - sounds like the dealer made a mistake somewhere and they should correct it.

· Registered
30 Posts
I too, smell fuel in the cab, never did before fuel pump recall, which has been done - maybe just coincidence. Think maybe I'll follow vent line and make sure it's snug. I was watching your thread and waiting for an answer too,
:) Good Luck to us!
2019 TalonX

· Registered
2021 Talon R
20 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts