Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do long rides, 120 mile plus. Short rides are 50-80 miles. We rode yesterday and there were long stretches with no speed changes and my right calf is cramped from pressing the accelerator pedal. I wonder if that stiffness also causes the jerkiness everyone complains about. I wedge my heel against the center channel to keep from bouncing the pedal. I drove my buddies rzr pro ultimate and it has a longer, easier pedal travel.

Anyone try loosening up the springs or adjusting the pedal? I have 5400 miles of seat time in about a year and 4 months. I saw some other comments about this pedal setup being different from other SXSs.

· Registered
183 Posts
Some one needs to develop a simple, basic cruise control. Years ago a friend had a VW Rabbit diesel, way before they had a factory cruise control. He bought a simple mechanical cruise control that was rather crude but it worked. Don't remember much about it, but in those days all his friends thought it was really neat. Some one out there likely has the shop and the skills to develop one!

· Registered
402 Posts
Some one needs to develop a simple, basic cruise control. Years ago a friend had a VW Rabbit diesel, way before they had a factory cruise control. He bought a simple mechanical cruise control that was rather crude but it worked. Don't remember much about it, but in those days all his friends thought it was really neat. Some one out there likely has the shop and the skills to develop one!
How about real cruise control??? Done...

· Registered
34 Posts
I do long rides, 120 mile plus. Short rides are 50-80 miles. We rode yesterday and there were long stretches with no speed changes and my right calf is cramped from pressing the accelerator pedal. I wonder if that stiffness also causes the jerkiness everyone complains about. I wedge my heel against the center channel to keep from bouncing the pedal. I drove my buddies rzr pro ultimate and it has a longer, easier pedal travel.

Anyone try loosening up the springs or adjusting the pedal? I have 5400 miles of seat time in about a year and 4 months. I saw some other comments about this pedal setup being different from other SXSs.
This little foot rest works well. Foot Rest

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
402 Posts
have you installed one of these? Interesting idea.😎👍🏻
No. I looked at the instructions and it would be a piece of cake for me to install and configure but I have no use for it myself. I don't often find myself in a "cruising" situation and it would not be real handy for rock crawling or the dunes :)

Instructions say it will work on most any vehicle with a speedo and tach signals (Talon has speedo and possibly a way to read the tach) and tap into the brake switch for disengagement. Just need to figure out pulses per mile for the speedo signal and the tach signal stuff. Doesn't require the tach, it is just a safety measure so the engine doesn't run away. You can also tap into the neutral safety switch to disable it if the shifter gets kicked into neutral by accident. Lots of configuration options, seems they really thought it out.

The actuator would need to be connected to the gas pedal and apply throttle at the pedal because there is a Throttle Release Angle Sensor at the pedal and it will throw a code if you try to actuate the throttle directly at the throttle body without moving the gas pedal.

Pretty straight forward install, just need to figure out the actuator install and some of the settings.

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have one of the floor braces. they make a real difference. I think i'm going to switch to the throttle max pedal. i have a buddy that added on to his wolverine and loves it.
I wonder if the one for the pioneer 1000 would work. Thanks I had never heard of those and hoped someone in the forum would have an idea!😎👏🏻👏🏻

· Registered
402 Posts
I’m going to call them. In looking at the video install on the pioneer 1000, the pedals and floor look identical to the talon.
There was some sort of tragedy in the family so production has slowed and new product development came to a stop.

The P1000 does not fit, you need to use the one for the P500/700, it is reported to fit perfectly. Unfortunately, since its known to fit the Talon, they are now out of stock. You may be able to use the P1000 model and widen the grove so it fits but that may make it sloppy and come loose.

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There was some sort of tragedy in the family so production has slowed and new product development came to a stop.

The P1000 does not fit, you need to use the one for the P500/700, it is reported to fit perfectly. Unfortunately, since its known to fit the Talon, they are now out of stock. You may be able to use the P1000 model and widen the grove so it fits but that may make it sloppy and come loose.
You are always a fount of knowledge and information, thanks!

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I got hold of them they are going to send the one for P500/700 for me to do a fit test and send them the results! If this works I hope they will ramp up production. I know there is some interest in the community.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have one of the floor braces. they make a real difference. I think i'm going to switch to the throttle max pedal. i have a buddy that added on to his wolverine and loves it.
I've contacted throttle max twice now They said last fall they had a talon one in the works but when i contacted them again a couple months ago i didnt get a reply. I have a 2020 x4 stadium and also have long legs that get cramped up when trail riding. UGH!

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've contacted throttle max twice now They said last fall they had a talon one in the works but when i contacted them again a couple months ago i didnt get a reply. I have a 2020 x4 stadium and also have long legs that get cramped up when trail riding. UGH!
The founder/owner passed away according to their web page. I think that may have a lot to do with it. I may have news soon about the situation.

· Registered
185 Posts

As you've already stated, yeah the jam your foot against the center console thing does kind of work for short durations. I was looking at my pedal and only the paint along the bottom 3/8" is worn off. If you look at the angle the pedal is welded to the arm it makes you think "why the heck did they do that?". It is waaaay to horizontal and should be tilted a little more vertical so your foot contacts more of the pedal. Maybe more pedal contact is the solution to the "jumpieness". Maybe someone makes a pedal with a pivot, that might be nice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.