Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new here but wanted to post something that some may be interested in. I wanted to clean up the look of the cockpit a little and installed a Garmin Tread along with the Garmin power switch. It’s a pretty neat unit. Once installed together you can run accessories off of your Tread thru the power switch and delete some rocker switches. I am running my OE 40“ light bar, and inferno cab heater off of it at the moment and I believe it supports 100 amps. I like the clean look of it. To install it I ordered a custom mounting plate from crossroads3D.com. (They’re great) Here is a photo of where I am in the process, I’ve almost got it buttoned up, but will post more photos once I’m done. It also comes with a wireless camera and CB radio which is pretty neat. It was pretty pricey but it seems all things related to SXS’s come at a cost

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice setup. I've been debating what to do for wiring for accessories and was going to put an automotive style fuse box with relays and hard wired switches. I don't necessarily want the Garmin solution you have but it gave me the idea to look for a Bluetooth controlled fuse/switch box for accessories that can be controlled from a tablet. They do exist and that's probably what I'll do now and avoid wiring six switches to the cab.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the compliment. I like the idea of an iPad. Axia alloys has a pretty decent iPad mount (I think it mounts to the t-grip?) I’d like to see your setup when you’re done. After I installed the Garmin I found a similar setup that was a good bit cheaper, kind of wish I had explored my options better. Overall I’m happy though. Live and learn I guess.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. I like the idea of an iPad. Axia alloys has a pretty decent iPad mount (I think it mounts to the t-grip?) I’d like to see your setup when you’re done. After I installed the Garmin I found a similar setup that was a good bit cheaper, kind of wish I had explored my options better. Overall I’m happy though. Live and learn I guess.
I love the quality of Garmin stuff, it's always very well done. I like using OnX Maps for hunting/off-road and it works great with smartphone/tablet. I have a ton of landmarks saved there already. Generally GPS function on the Garmin products is much better than any phone/tablet I've tried, though. I may put a metal plate where you have your Garmin and mount a solid tablet holder there.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I recently purchased the Garmin Tread and the Smart Switch for my rig. I understand that Garmin can be a bit pricy but you pay extra for good support. Garmin has always given me the correct answer to a question, on the first pass. Did you purchase the Garmin Smart Switch also?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Thanks. I have charged my Tread from a wall socket with a USB adapter since Garmin does not recommend using a PC with a USB to charge your Tread. I was wondering how you did that from the PowerSwitch? Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.