Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share how I ran all electronics for my Honda Talon.
I’m sure I’m like many others who couldn’t justify the overpriced Honda pigtails, or XTC.
I bought a fuse block off of amazon ran hot and ground from battery. I put a 40amp inline fuse with a switch on the hot wire right before the fuse block.
Just figured if anyone needed any other ideas besides the overpriced plug and play.
Ps:ive got about $100 in wire, fuses and fuse block. and many more goodies to come.

·
Registered
90 Posts
just make sure you can easily get to that breaker when all done. I did similar and had a heck of a time resetting breaker when winch popped it(trying to move too big a tree LOL). I ended up moving breaker to battery box where power wire started, so could get to it in a pinch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kcphoenix, I am new member looking for an option for fuse block like you’ve installed. What accessories are you running off that block and what did you do for switches?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used “rocker” switches. I used a mounting plate at the left of the steering wheel. I ran a 40Amp inline fuse off of this directly to the battery. I run stereo, winch, light bar, rock lights, phone charger, thinking about a small compressor too. 🙂

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
With lots of extra energy requirements I installed a second battery and run the extras off of that to a separate fuse panel and switched. A battery isolator keeps your primary battery protected from draining. Just my thoughts! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used “rocker” switches. I used a mounting plate at the left of the steering wheel. I ran a 40Amp inline fuse off of this directly to the battery. I run stereo, winch, light bar, rock lights, phone charger, thinking about a small compressor too. 🙂
Hello,
Do you run and relay for key on power?
Thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I went down a different road, no hacking up the dash for switches, etc. and put it overhead. I used the Honda accessory key on power at the front of the machine to power the relays and the winch wires to power everything. Key off - everything shuts down.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went down a different road, no hacking up the dash for switches, etc. and put it overhead. I used the Honda accessory key on power at the front of the machine to power the relays and the winch wires to power everything. Key off - everything shuts down.
Very nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts