Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is on the Talon Forums but it sure works great!
Found this video on YouTube about making a front electronics Splash Guard for under the hood.
Check it out.
I used a 380 cartridge casing which with a hammer and a 2X4 worked perfect for the holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found this video on YouTube about making a front electronics Splash Guard for under the hood.
Check it out.
I used a 380 cartridge casing which with a hammer and a 2X4 worked perfect for the holes.
You can also go to Ebay and pick up a full guard for $20.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check it out.
If you buy the driver side oem splash guard and flip it, $7.00 does it

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Take a close look at his design it drops down an extra couple of inches and would help keep the mud and water out a bit better than the original. This is the time for DYI projects as I cant ride with the virus out and about so I am going to give this a try. Wonder if I should order up the rubber a tit thicker?

Super project and talent for the originator of this project.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Mountain Man and WLaub have grate ideas on how to save a few bucks and accomplish basically the same thing. I am going to experiment with Silicone Rubber and it is very expensive in comparison plus it comes in Red, (I would rather have black). I cant ride because of recent restrictions so this is a good Virus project for me. I love all of the options above gives each member a chance to pick and choose definitely a winner for everyone.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Splash Guard update. This was a fun project and I expanded the coverage quite a bit. I ordered 36 x 36 Silicone Rubber and used a lot of it. Available from the same place as the video. Super idea and thanks to Fiver for posting it. The silicone is in red so easy to see. Here are a couple of picks.

The extra wires are from a Gorilla Rock Light Kit I am trying out. Just making sure they all work before installing and installing wiring. Picked up the 8 light 9 Led Bluetooth, switch, controller … cheep as they now have 12 led version and it is a bit pricey. Tested light positions last night and moved two of them.

Thanks to River for posting the original Video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts