Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 1000R LV
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HMF Full exhaust system install and rear bumper. UTV Source Frame strengthening plate in the front. Plate for the dash off of eBay to hide the warning stickers and some blue valve stem caps from AutoZone. Waiting on the dynojet pv3 and intake plate from Hess Motorsports.
Up next will be the NX Express 20 shot and I'm still torn between a Hess Motorsports cam or a Brian Crowler. Also I'm excited I found a blue 3-in clamp for the intake

Does anyone have any thoughts on cams? I'm leaning towards the BC cam based on the fact that it is a new unit and the Hess is a regrind.

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
119 Posts
Nice upgrades but looks like your running factory tires? I believe the tires ( traction) is a key component to the handling of the machine. Get some better shoes for that girl!😉

·
Registered
21 1000R LV
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Makona I'm all about trying to keep weight and rotating mass to a minimum. Maybe wheels and tires but they must be less;)

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
119 Posts
6 ply? Not worth it. So many miles out? Not worth the walk when your walking. My opinion, I want reliability and dependability over 1/2 hp gain. Hence I put my money on Honda.

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
119 Posts
And a hand pump or compressor😉sold my 600 mile stock tires and rimes for 400$ offset the new ones price and riding time is priceless 😁 ride hard and safe my Honda friend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HMF Full exhaust system install and rear bumper. UTV Source Frame strengthening plate in the front. Plate for the dash off of eBay to hide the warning stickers and some blue valve stem caps from AutoZone. Waiting on the dynojet pv3 and intake plate from Hess Motorsports.
Up next will be the NX Express 20 shot and I'm still torn between a Hess Motorsports cam or a Brian Crowler. Also I'm excited I found a blue 3-in clamp for the intake

Does anyone have any thoughts on cams? I'm leaning towards the BC cam based on the fact that it is a new unit and the Hess is a regrind.
How long has Crowler had this package for the Talon? I had Hess do my head and camshaft in October last year and I wish I'd known about this BC deal because I would have went BC, not saying that I have a problem with the Hess set up but after looking at the BC deal I would have most definitely went that route because I'm thinking that more lift & duration is gonna be better than the regrind. But I like the whole BC package and if I'd known about it that's what I would have done because the price is better & your getting a new camshaft with more lift and duration.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts