Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It fills up just like a gas can now,
No fighting to get the last gallon in馃

Registered
Is that neck just held in by an O-ring? I'd like to know if I could put it back in if there was ever a reason to.
While we're on the gassing up topic, I thought I'd share what gas cans I use. They are Risk Racing cans and have a real vent on the back, nice handles, lockdown transportation plates, and a clear fill tube with a hose bender. I have two 3 gallon and two 5 gallon cans. The only issue is that the fill tube gets very stiff when below freezing. Otherwise I love them.

Registered
Is that neck just held in by an O-ring? I'd like to know if I could put it back in if there was ever a reason to.
While we're on the gassing up topic, I thought I'd share what gas cans I use. They are Risk Racing cans and have a real vent on the back, nice handles, lockdown transportation plates, and a clear fill tube with a hose bender. I have two 3 gallon and two 5 gallon cans. The only issue is that the fill tube gets very stiff when below freezing. Otherwise I love them.
It says on their website: NOT SOLD FOR OR TO BE USED AS A PORTABLE FUEL CONTAINER

Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
I took a slide hammer and popped out the tube in the fuel tank, it was driving me nuts from the get go 馃憤馃徎 View attachment 1597 View attachment 1598
It says on their website: NOT SOLD FOR OR TO BE USED AS A PORTABLE FUEL CONTAINER
I took a slide hammer and popped out the tube in the fuel tank, it was driving me nuts from the get go 馃憤馃徎 View attachment 1597 View attachment 1598
What model Talon do you have? Was it difficult to remove? Can it be done without a slide hammer? I'm tired of how difficult it is to totally fill up my Talon 4 LV tank every time !! I would bet that if it were cut off and made shorter, it would eliminate the filling problem.

Registered
Yeah, all "race" gas cans I've seen say something similar. Probably has something to do with EPA regs. The EPA has apparently never attempted to fill a chainsaw, dirtbike, or weedwacker with one of their fancy spring loaded contraptions or they would know you spill approximately the same amount of gas that makes it into the machine. I assure you these can not only hold gas well but pour it even better.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What model Talon do you have? Was it difficult to remove? Can it be done without a slide hammer? I'm tired of how difficult it is to totally fill up my Talon 4 LV tank every time !! I would bet that if it were cut off and made shorter, it would eliminate the filling problem.
I have a two seat X,
I heard of people prying the plastic collar out but sometimes the collar gets damaged which really doesn鈥檛 matter unless you want to put it back in for some reason,
It鈥檚 just held in place by the ridge

Registered
Does that make it easier and faster to fill up? I hate how it gurgles and splashed out when there鈥檚 still a gallon left to fill up.
Oh yeah it fills up faster and no blow back. I got 8.6 gallons in there with it removed. I now have the trailtanks 10+ gallon tank.

Registered
I have a two seat X,
I heard of people prying the plastic collar out but sometimes the collar gets damaged which really doesn鈥檛 matter unless you want to put it back in for some reason,
It鈥檚 just held in place by the ridge.
Thank you, I appreciate your reply. I'm going to get it out of my life today !!

Registered
Thank you, I appreciate your reply. I'm going to get it out of my life today !!

Wow, what a difference. I Easily removed it and needed to fill my tank. What a pleasure to be able to do it without having to spend the added time and effort to get it full. I wish I had known about this sooner. Thank you for the post on this !!

Registered
Wow, what a difference. I Easily removed it and needed to fill my tank. What a pleasure to be able to do it without having to spend the added time and effort to get it full. I wish I had known about this sooner. Thank you for the post on this !!
Did you use the slide hammer? If not what did you use to get it out?

Registered
I have a 2020 100R. I took mine out in about 3 minutes with a small pry bar. I grabbed the end of the tube (about 4" inside the tank) and just continued to pry from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock, 12 to 6, over and over. It finally just popped out. No damage and can put it back in any time. Just don't try to pry it from the top. You'll mess up the spout and the collar. PS: Don't drop the tool inside 馃槀. I tied a string around my pry bar and around my wrist. I'm a 62year old man and don't have a ton of strength. It's technique. You can do it.

Registered
I have a 2020 100R. I took mine out in about 3 minutes with a small pry bar. I grabbed the end of the tube (about 4" inside the tank) and just continued to pry from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock, 12 to 6, over and over. It finally just popped out. No damage and can put it back in any time. Just don't try to pry it from the top. You'll mess up the spout and the collar. PS: Don't drop the tool inside 馃槀. I tied a string around my pry bar and around my wrist. I'm a 62year old man and don't have a ton of strength. It's technique. You can do it.
Thank You

Registered
Great news. Toppng the tank an ounce at a time is no bueno. I've got a ride tomorrow but it's coming out as soon as I get back home.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.