Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a spare tire for my talon should I get a front or a rear in other words can I run a rear on the front or can I run a front on rear only for short distance to get my sxs back to trailer or camp
Thanks Paul rolling in north west az
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
70 Posts
The diameter is the same, because of size, I would get a front. I would do a test to make sure and swap yours. I would think the rear would rub on the front as well as mess with the steering. Easy enough to do a test. Let everyone know what you find.
I run all the same size 30"

·
Registered
Honda Talon 1000X-4
3 Posts
I am looking to buy a spare tire for my talon should I get a front or a rear in other words can I run a rear on the front or can I run a front on rear only for short distance to get my sxs back to trailer or camp
Thanks Paul rolling in north west az View attachment 2627
Hi Paul. I run 32" Kanati Mongrel tires all the way around with no clearance issues and run the same tire with front wheel as a spare. Moto City Honda recommended to use a Talon front wheel since it is actually slightly narrower than the rear and put whatever tire you want to run as the spare.
Hope this helps.
Roy-Queen Creek, AZ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Roy,
Hi Paul. I run 32" Kanati Mongrel tires all the way around with no clearance issues and run the same tire with front wheel as a spare. Moto City Honda recommended to use a Talon front wheel since it is actually slightly narrower than the rear and put whatever tire you want to run as the spare.
Hope this helps.
Roy-Queen Creek, AZ
are you using front wheels on the rear and if so, are you using spacers?

·
Banned
18 Posts
The spare tire needs to be the same diameter as the rest of your tires, otherwise the four-wheel-drive will throw a code and not work properly. You do not need spacers on the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts