Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where to get u joints for the front drive shaft on a talonR, mine needs u joints and i cant find just u joints i have order a new driveshaft but its backordered woth no ship date given. Goong on a trip in couple weeks was trying to come up with an option to fix what i got

·
Registered
391 Posts
Anybody know where to get u joints for the front drive shaft on a talonR, mine needs u joints and i cant find just u joints i have order a new driveshaft but its backordered woth no ship date given. Goong on a trip in couple weeks was trying to come up with an option to fix what i got
Nothing special about them, they are the same as many Polaris models and a Moog 338 or 838 (or equivalent) will fit. You can find them at most auto parts stores.

In a SxS application, I don't like greaseable joints so I use Neapco 1-0170NPL. They are solid and have a better seal (like the original) but they are harder to find. Online only as far as I can find.

The driveline yokes are a known problem (even brand new drivelines are problematic) so some folks have been tack welding the cups to keep them from spinning and coming loose.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T
Nothing special about them, they are the same as many Polaris models and a Moog 338 or 838 (or equivalent) will fit. You can find them at most auto parts stores.

In a SxS application, I don't like greaseable joints so I use Neapco 1-0170NPL. They are solid and have a better seal (like the original) but they are harder to find. Online only as far as I can find.

The driveline yokes are a known problem (even brand new drivelines are problematic) so some folks have been tack welding the cups to keep them from spinning and coming loose.
Thank you

·
Registered
92 Posts
I highly recommend the greaseable 838 u-joints. The grease fitting is on one of the caps so it is accessible. No matter what you put in, the clips are the problem. They eventually eject and that allows the u-joint cap to work it's way out. The solution is to tack weld the caps to the yokes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I highly recommend the greaseable 838 u-joints. The grease fitting is on one of the caps so it is accessible. No matter what you put in, the clips are the problem. They eventually eject and that allows the u-joint cap to work it's way out. The solution is to tack weld the caps to the yokes.
Like the guy mentioned above, solid, non-greaseable joints are stronger and better for high stress applications. The greaseables work fine too but they'll be more likely to break/fail sooner.

I always request solid joints when I have HD driveshafts built for my Jeep.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.