Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone from a rzr xp1000 to a talon r? I would like to here some real world testimony about the pros and cons of both. I currently have a xp1000 and thinking about getting a talon r.
How does the ride compare, turning radius and front diff?
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Having owned a 2015 XP1000 I really enjoyed riding and no complaints except for the darn belt noise on cover which not that big. Just purchased the 1000R Talon and finding a few things I like a lot better. Access to service unit is nice. Shifting is nice with the A/T and choices from sport to normal. Had it in the sand a couple of times and Mt trails but not a lot of time on it. Only 70 miles so far but I'm loving it. Go test drive one it'll at least get you under the hood...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not a razor but similar. I have a Can Am X3RC and bought the Talon R so I can ride with my son and daughter when they are around. Very different machines. I find you dont need the turbo unless you dune, 1000cc is plenty of power in the desert and mountains. The Can Am is better for rock crawling, the Honda is a little jumpy when going over a big rock. The Honda is much quieter, I wear ear muffs when in the Can Am. I really like the 6 speed and no belt to worry about. The manual shift on mine will not let you run out a gear it just shifts to the next one. I dont know if that is how they all are or if somethings wrong. I just run it in auto. When going downhill you dont need to brake much as it is in gear and you are accelerating or slowing down, really does not coast like the Can Am. THe 2 machines are pretty different and I enjoy both for different reasons. Best to drive both if you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got 2 questions:
1) whats the experience of dust infiltration and what do your recommend?

2) I am trying to figure how to mount an I pad mini 8"x5" and am wondering how and with what device given the old school dash-board design?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
WLaub
Honda Talon Forum
The largest Honda Talon forum including the 1000X, 1000R, 1000X-4, and FOX Valve. Honda's latest ATV, UTV and side-by-side.
Full Forum Listing