Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded to aftermarket A-Arms and can’t use these like-new Honda Branded A-Arm Guards. Used them on 3 rides only.

paid $150 selling for $80 to get em out of my garage. all screws, washers, and brackets included.

Buyer pays shipping from CA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put 34” tires on, so was rubbing the inside of the front wheel wells when turning hard down hill or going over rough terrain at speed. Although I would have used them for stock wheels as well.

By the way, they are sold.
Would like to know what you purchased. As I just bought the machine I’m trying to decide what I should put on there, and based on what you’re telling me in the future if I upgrade the bigger tires the OEMs won’t work...

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Would like to know what you purchased. As I just bought the machine I’m trying to decide what I should put on there, and based on what you’re telling me in the future if I upgrade the bigger tires the OEMs won’t work...
I bought the Super ATV 1.5” offset high clearance A-Arms. I would highly recommend ordering them with the ball joints pre-installed unless you have a press and intermediate mechanic skill. I have both and it wasn’t worth the money I saved doing it myself. I repainted them with Chevy orange high temp engine paint, to match my OEM arms.

I don’t think people with 32” tires have the same problem and even without the new A-Arms they didn’t rub all the time. Only when turning hard at speed, or down hill, or big whoops. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat and I will shoot you my cell number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the Super ATV 1.5” offset high clearance A-Arms. I would highly recommend ordering them with the ball joints pre-installed unless you have a press and intermediate mechanic skill. I have both and it wasn’t with the money I saved doing it myself.I repainted them with Chevy orange high temp engine paint, to match my OEM arms.

I don’t think people with 32” tires have the same problem and even without the new A-Arms they didn’t rub all the time. Only when turning hard at speed, or down hill, or big whoops. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat and I will shoot you my cell number.
Perfect thank you for the info much appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the Super ATV 1.5” offset high clearance A-Arms. I would highly recommend ordering them with the ball joints pre-installed unless you have a press and intermediate mechanic skill. I have both and it wasn’t worth the money I saved doing it myself. I repainted them with Chevy orange high temp engine paint, to match my OEM arms.

What type of riding do you do? I figure I’ll do general riding, but we have a Rockcrawler park “Kansas Rocks” near our farm in southeast Kansas, but I figure I’m gonna have to upgrade quite a bit in terms of tires and lift to get to a point to ride anything other than the green/blue trails. I’m also not sure sure yet what my true desire will be in terms of riding, I’m not sure if the rock crawling parks are going to be fast enough for me, so would appreciate your insight as to what you like to do and why are you upgraded to the higher lift...

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What type of riding do you do? I figure I’ll do general riding, but we have a Rockcrawler park “Kansas Rocks” near our farm in southeast Kansas, but I figure I’m gonna have to upgrade quite a bit in terms of tires and lift to get to a point to ride anything other than the green/blue trails. I’m also not sure sure yet what my true desire will be in terms of riding, I’m not sure if the rock crawling parks are going to be fast enough for me, so would appreciate your insight as to what you like to do and why are you upgraded to the higher lift...
We primarily ride Hollister Hills SVRA in CA. Check out the website. They’ve got green, blue, black, and double black with quarry bowls, concrete salmon ladders, and a dedicated 4x4 only (upper ranch). It’s mountain trails, and hard pack/rock crawling.
I have no problem with black diamond or below, and have done a few sections of black double diamond with my set-up. Love the 34’s with the upgraded A-arms.
I did have my ECU race flashed so the shift points are compensating for my larger tires. Made a big difference, especially when using launch mode. We are not a big sand family. (Wife hates cleaning up sand). So we stick to trails, mountains, and crawling. If you send me a PM with your email I can shoot you the list of upgrades I made and why. You might benefit from my OCD amount of research, when deciding what to do with your ride and your hard earned $$.

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We primarily ride Hollister Hills SVRA in CA. Check out the website. They’ve got green, blue, black, and double black with quarry bowls, concrete salmon ladders, and a dedicated 4x4 only (upper ranch). It’s mountain trails, and hard pack/rock crawling.
I have no problem with black diamond or below, and have done a few sections of black double diamond with my set-up. Love the 34’s with the upgraded A-arms.
I did have my ECU race flashed so the shift points are compensating for my larger tires. Made a big difference, especially when using launch mode. We are not a big sand family. (Wife hates cleaning up sand). So we stick to trails, mountains, and crawling. If you send me a PM with your email I can shoot you the list of upgrades I made and why. You might benefit from my OCD amount of research, when deciding what to do with your ride and your hard earned $$.
I made a booboo. I have 32” tires, not 34”!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.