Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have never had the chance to inspect one up close so I too am curious regarding the Twin Air oiled air filter particularly it's thickness.. As this type of filter is the common filter type on most off road vehicles such as motor cycles and ATV's so I would venture to guess it's going to work well. However....... as we all know, the Talon's intake location is horrible and a twin filter is going to get dirty fast!

So if you're looking to purchase a filter system you can clean and re-use, that's fine and all but you are going to be cleaning and re-oiling the filter a lot!

Spend some money to save yourself some money in the long run..... buy a pre-filter of some type.

Only after that would I purchase a Twin Air filter.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Twin Air makes an outstanding product. I run them in all my dirt bikes--clean them often (a messy pain in the butt even if you do several at a time) and liberally grease the flange before installation and they can not be beat. It will likely not, however, filter better than the OEM in your Talon. Again, there are plenty of threads on this forum as well as the other big forum regarding the different systems (including stock, pre-filter options and particle separators) that discuss all related issues, including air restriction (short answer--will not matter on a stock Talon).

No matter what filter you run in the airbox, in dusty conditions you will be replacing it or cleaning it likely after EVERY ride. That is, unless you also run a pre-filter (either a foam-type filter or a particle separator), that is plumbed to a different location than the stock air intake. The stock air intake location is in front of the passenger side rear tire and pulls in a ton of dirt that has to be filtered out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So a little late but if you do go with the Twinair foam filter way Look into NO toil. No toil is a bio degradable oil system, and you can wash your filters out in a home sink. I've used this stuff for years now on my dirt bike filters. No gas or harsh fumes. Use their oil to re-oil your foam filters and if you don't have their soap, you can use oxy-clean the powder stuff in your sink to clean your filter. so so easy. You tube it and see ( The gasgas channel had a good video)

·
Registered
31 Posts
So a little late but if you do go with the Twinair foam filter way Look into NO toil. No toil is a bio degradable oil system, and you can wash your filters out in a home sink. I've used this stuff for years now on my dirt bike filters. No gas or harsh fumes. Use their oil to re-oil your foam filters and if you don't have their soap, you can use oxy-clean the powder stuff in your sink to clean your filter. so so easy. You tube it and see ( The gasgas channel had a good video)
I have used no-toil oil and cleaner on all my foam air filters for more years than I can remember. I run a BVC pre-filter on my Talon and use no-toil on it also. It still amazes me how easy and how well it cleans a dirty filter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts