Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 2021 talon 2 seat Fox Live valve. Was looking for some help. I was out tearing up the desert about 3 weeks ago and after 15 minutes into my ride my Fox live valve warning light came on and stayed on for the rest of the ride. I drove it back home and after ten minutes of letting it sit with the engine off. I started it again and the warning light was off this time. I took it back out and 15 minutes into the ride the warning light came back on. Took it to the dealership and they could not duplicate the light coming on. Took for a ride yesterday and the warning light came back on. Any suggestions on what is causing this issue.

· Registered
129 Posts
Got same problem except mine only does it if on asphalt for mile or so. All I have been able figure is it’s something to do with angle sensor on the power steering. I haven’t payed much attention to mine had it about 6 months even tho I need to take it back in before my warranty is up.

· Registered
404 Posts
Make sure your steering rack is centered and the toe is adjusted correctly. I don't mean that the wheel is centered, but the rack is truly centered. This has been a big problem on many machines. Dealers just slap the wheel on regardless if the rack is centered or not and then set the toe to a non centered rack. While on a non LV, it only causes the machine to turn sharper in one direction, it causes the LV models to set steering angle sensor codes.

Here are some simple instruction on how to check and center the rack...
  1. Turn and hold the steering wheel all the way to the right and place a piece of masking tape at 12 o'clock.
  2. Then turn and hold the wheel all the way to the left and place a piece of masking tape at 12 o'clock.
  3. Then turn the wheel straight using the tape marks as reference (not the steering wheel spokes). On the R, the tape marks will be at about 10 and 2 o'clock. On the X they will be about 11 and 1 o'clock (I believe).
  4. If the spokes on the steering wheel are straight, your wheel is centered to your rack. If not, remove the tape, pull the wheel and center it.
Now your rack is centered and your steering wheel is installed straight, you can proceed setting the toe straight to the centered rack/wheel DO NOT center the wheel by removing it and putting it back on crocked, center it by adjusting the tie rods.

NOTE: If one of your tires or wheels was rubbing and stopping the rack from hitting one of the stops, then you may need to repeat the whole process after setting your toe to make sure you are still centered.

· Registered
57 Posts
So mine will do this on two occasions. First is if I drive on pavement at high speed. I think the lack of input makes the LV system think its not working or something. seccond is if I change tire sizes. My sand tires are 31" and my rock tires are 28". Almost every time I go to the sand my shock and i4wd lights will come on at least once, not always. So I usually start the car and drive slowly while stearing left and right. Like a nascar warm up. I feel this helps the sensors recalibrate. Turn the car off, then back on, and all the lights turn off. Lots going on with the brains in these things.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So mine will do this on two occasions. First is if I drive on pavement at high speed. I think the lack of input makes the LV system think its not working or something. seccond is if I change tire sizes. My sand tires are 31" and my rock tires are 28". Almost every time I go to the sand my shock and i4wd lights will come on at least once, not always. So I usually start the car and drive slowly while stearing left and right. Like a nascar warm up. I feel this helps the sensors recalibrate. Turn the car off, then back on, and all the lights turn off. Lots going on with the brains in these things.
Thanks for the help. I noticed that this just started when i switched from my standard 28 inch tires to a 30 inch tire.

· Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the help. I noticed that this just started when i switched from my standard 28 inch tires to a 30 inch tire.
Yup that's probably it. Drive it around a little bit and it should recalibrate. If either light is on, just don't expect that feature to be working. I noticed if the four-wheel drive light is on though it will still be in four-wheel drive, the smart four-wheel drive just won't work. I would assume it's the same for live valve. Functional just not optimal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.