Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I’m looking to purchase my first sxs and I’m looking at the Honda talon 1000x with the live Valve. Can anyone tell me how they handle on the tight wooded trails. I live in western Pennsylvania so most trails are tight and wooded. Also would like to know pros and cons of the machine and any problems you guys have encountered with them and I would like to know if the live valve is worth the extra money? Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
2019X owner - non live valve, east PA. Trails as you know are rocky. IMO - plan to spend $1500 for suspension tuning - my suspension is horrible/harsh even after swapping tender springs. Other than that it’s fine, power/transmission is great but takes getting used to at slow speeds as it’s herky jerky lurchy. It’s like driving an old jeep in 4WD Low in first gear on the rocky slow stuff.

But nothing like the feeling of flat shifting banging gears when you can.

Well put together machine, seats already cutout for harnesses, etc.

Small warranty items such as front diff seal, shocks leaked gas, etc. - but nothing major yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone I’m looking to purchase my first sxs and I’m looking at the Honda talon 1000x with the live Valve. Can anyone tell me how they handle on the tight wooded trails. I live in western Pennsylvania so most trails are tight and wooded. Also would like to know pros and cons of the machine and any problems you guys have encountered with them and I would like to know if the live valve is worth the extra money? Thanks!
Excellent Machine! We ride heavily wooded trails in Mo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts