Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share my experience with the Talon on a multiple-day ride from early am to late afternoon each day.
From a terrain perspective, the Talon handled everything we rode on.
Rode in the Rain, mud, deep mud, and sun.

Here are some of the misses that I can correct
Hood squeaks everywhere need to put foam tape on it , extremely annoying
Doors rattle even after adjustment
Shift point from first to second in AT set way to high
Hood dumps rain right into the cab
The biggest gripe is the bog down before hammering the gas more pronounced on an incline - I am not sure how to fix this but its annoying. Just did the service so the air filter is new

Good
Reliable never had a hic-up
The tires held up good
Kids rocked the music when appropriate
I went thru some mud that I honestly expected to winch out of
The exhaust sounded good underway
Fuel consumption was very different on the trails than out in the desert ( LOL )

Overall great time

·
Registered
84 Posts
I thought I would share my experience with the Talon on a multiple-day ride from early am to late afternoon each day.
From a terrain perspective, the Talon handled everything we rode on.
Rode in the Rain, mud, deep mud, and sun.

Here are some of the misses that I can correct
Hood squeaks everywhere need to put foam tape on it , extremely annoying (never had or heard of this problem)
Doors rattle even after adjustment (never had this problem, but some have reported it. As far as I know, adjustments always solved it)
Shift point from first to second in AT set way to high ( are you in sport mode?)
Hood dumps rain right into the cab
The biggest gripe is the bog down before hammering the gas more pronounced on an incline - I am not sure how to fix this but its annoying. Just did the service so the air filter is new ( ive heard of people complaining about this. i gotta say in 2 years, I have never had this problem. Mine has always been very responsive)

Good
Reliable never had a hic-up
The tires held up good
Kids rocked the music when appropriate
I went thru some mud that I honestly expected to winch out of
The exhaust sounded good underway
Fuel consumption was very different on the trails than out in the desert ( LOL )

Overall great time
Glad you have a good trip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts