Honda Talon Forum banner

First in depth look at the R and X

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Outdoorplay 
#1 ·
There are a bunch of videos popping up online which go over the specs of the Talon 1000. This is one of the more detailed looks at what makes the Talon unique and how it compares to key rivals like the RZR and YXZ.

#6 ·
If anything this move by Honda could force Polaris and Can AM to offer dual clutch tranny's in their upcoming models. I think everyone would be happy to see these companies move away from belt drives and possibly even explore more manual shift transmissions.

#8 ·
Not only will moving away from belt drives reduce maintenance and down times, it should also allow newer sxs's to wade deeper into bodies of water. I know there are snorkel kits that you can buy but as far as I know those don't protect the clutch. Full on manual gearboxes will continue to be a very niche option.

#11 ·
Heard a lot of positive feedback of the YXZ1kR and its lower gearing sort of proves what really works for the sportier side by side market.
To be honest I rather see side by sides like that which offer a consistent experience which will only grow and target different needs as the consumer base grows. Demographics are also a big player here.

#12 ·
From what I've read about the TXZ is that the 5 speed manual is basically bulletproof. Without the need for a CVT, that means less maintenance as well, aside from changing clutch plates from time to time. Agree with DeeCeeTee that your interest in one will change depending on where you plan on running the sxs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.