Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While riding in a steady rain, my 1000R machine just shut down. Turned the key, nothing. Turned the key off and tried again. Started right up. This scenario repeated itself at intervals of a few hours to a few minutes. Each shut down showed one long flash, three short flashes = rear injector. I tried wiggling the plug, but it seemed secure. The dealer said wiring at injector had a break.

I saw this discussed on the Pioneer forum but not here. Anybody else had this? A Pioneer owning friend pointed me to an Amazon supplier (2FarOffRoad) that had a replacement connector with pigtail wires. No mention if it also fit Talons.

Anyone know?I know when I find one, I’m going to buy it!

·
Registered
1000X4 Live Valve, on order
42 Posts
While riding in a steady rain, my 1000R machine just shut down. Turned the key, nothing. Turned the key off and tried again. Started right up. This scenario repeated itself at intervals of a few hours to a few minutes. Each shut down showed one long flash, three short flashes = rear injector. I tried wiggling the plug, but it seemed secure. The dealer said wiring at injector had a break.

I saw this discussed on the Pioneer forum but not here. Anybody else had this? A Pioneer owning friend pointed me to an Amazon supplier (2FarOffRoad) that had a replacement connector with pigtail wires. No mention if it also fit Talons.

Anyone know?I know when I find one, I’m going to buy it!
Honda Pioneer 1000 fuel injector wire repair kit. SXS1000 - The Honda SxS Club
Talon uses the same. Several reports of this issue.
1-3 code and randomly shuts off. Code 13 | HONDASXS - The Honda Side by Side Club!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts