Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done some searching for this and havent found a whole lot. Im sorry to be a tire dummy, but this is my first sxs. With all the offset math and Talons geometry I dont really want to guess when it comes to changing wheels. So I had a brilliant idea. Use the stock wheels and get some bigger tires. I want to get a set of Kanati Mongrels in 30x10x15.

Can I just mount these to the stock wheels? Will I have any problems, give up, or gain anything? I have a set of SS360s in 32x10x14 on System 3 wheels. Car is extremely stable on those in the sand and I love it. I am hoping for a little more stability with a 10" front tire and more truck like contact patch.

I dont mind the stock wheels and think they look great on the Talon. Also ill save $1000 on wheels going this route!

Thanks all

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are no stupid questions. I’m a new owner as well (one year). I put 30x10x15 BFG F3’s on stock wheels. There is no problem. If you want the front and rear on the same track you can put 1.5 inch spacers on the rear. I just picked up a pair and will mount them in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive done some searching for this and havent found a whole lot. Im sorry to be a tire dummy, but this is my first sxs. With all the offset math and Talons geometry I dont really want to guess when it comes to changing wheels. So I had a brilliant idea. Use the stock wheels and get some bigger tires. I want to get a set of Kanati Mongrels in 30x10x15.

Can I just mount these to the stock wheels? Will I have any problems, give up, or gain anything? I have a set of SS360s in 32x10x14 on System 3 wheels. Car is extremely stable on those in the sand and I love it. I am hoping for a little more stability with a 10" front tire and more truck like contact patch.

I dont mind the stock wheels and think they look great on the Talon. Also ill save $1000 on wheels going this route!

Thanks all
I just ordered the same exact tires for my factory wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks all
I am running 32" Mongrels on all 4 stock wheels (2020 1000x4) with no issues other than some very slight rubbing in the front wheel well. A 30" tire should fit just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts