Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finishing up the original build on my Talon 4 active, that is due to be delivered in 10 days or so... I could use some experienced opinions?

Does anyone have the Fabric Upper Doors installed on the Talon 4? I am trying to make a decision whether to buy and install them or not... I loved my uppers on my Polaris General, but they were easy to remove and not a long term liability. Can the Fabric Uppers be removed easily or are they a fixture? how about the unzipping of the windows... does that do the trick?

I worry about the heat reported in the Honda Talon... I was going to put in a heater for my wife in the shoulder months in the Mountains in Utah, but if there is already "heat problems", that might be a waste of money... Thoughts?

I love the glass windshields, but it appears that there are no "vented windshields" in glass... what is the best way to keep things cool, but wind protected in the talon?

Happy to be part of the Talon Forum Family... These can be remarkable resources to gain insights. I was the co-creator of the HondaJet Owners and Pilots Association, along with the Forums. It is not as active as this...

Thanks for your help and guidance.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Just finishing up the original build on my Talon 4 active, that is due to be delivered in 10 days or so... I could use some experienced opinions?

Does anyone have the Fabric Upper Doors installed on the Talon 4? I am trying to make a decision whether to buy and install them or not... I loved my uppers on my Polaris General, but they were easy to remove and not a long term liability. Can the Fabric Uppers be removed easily or are they a fixture? how about the unzipping of the windows... does that do the trick?

I worry about the heat reported in the Honda Talon... I was going to put in a heater for my wife in the shoulder months in the Mountains in Utah, but if there is already "heat problems", that might be a waste of money... Thoughts?

I love the glass windshields, but it appears that there are no "vented windshields" in glass... what is the best way to keep things cool, but wind protected in the talon?

Happy to be part of the Talon Forum Family... These can be remarkable resources to gain insights. I was the co-creator of the HondaJet Owners and Pilots Association, along with the Forums. It is not as active as this...

Thanks for your help and guidance.
You might consider a flip-up windshield I know SuperATV has one. I run in South Florida and have not had a problem with heat in the cab. I do not run without a windshield, it seems there is no perfect solution. I do use goggles when following in the sand. Make sure to keep your radiator clean it helps when the heat gets above 90 degrees. Look around in the forum as there are several threads on windshield, heat ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts