Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone. I have a 21 Live valve talon with the Kraftwerks Turbo kit. I want to add an exhaust cutout for the dunes. Im a loud pipes save lives kind of guy. I also want to retain a quiet exhaust as I am in CA and we are required to be under a certain db and spark arrested for the hunting trips we use the talon for. Has anyone done a cutout? I know Im looking at a retune if I do one but thats no big deal. I ordered an electronic cutout but I cant find a place to install it other than the straight piece of the exhaust on the drivers side where the O2 sensor is. I have no issue welding and fabiricating.

I am leaning to not being able to use the stock muffler as the cutout may need to go where the stock muffler is located. Which raises the question of: What is the quietest UTV muffler out there? and smallest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there everyone. I have a 21 Live valve talon with the Kraftwerks Turbo kit. I want to add an exhaust cutout for the dunes. Im a loud pipes save lives kind of guy. I also want to retain a quiet exhaust as I am in CA and we are required to be under a certain db and spark arrested for the hunting trips we use the talon for. Has anyone done a cutout? I know Im looking at a retune if I do one but thats no big deal. I ordered an electronic cutout but I cant find a place to install it other than the straight piece of the exhaust on the drivers side where the O2 sensor is. I have no issue welding and fabiricating.

I am leaning to not being able to use the stock muffler as the cutout may need to go where the stock muffler is located. Which raises the question of: What is the quietest UTV muffler out there? and smallest.
Look into Supertrapp I bought one for my down pipe on my Wrx amazingly quit, you might have to experiment. Small exhaust From Supertrapp Another small exhaust from Supertrapp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts