Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying out a new coolant -- Engine Ice -- I asked my dealer for something to help with the summer heat here in Florida and they said many of their customers were using Engine Ice. Flushed the entire cooling system including the long radiator hoses and engine this weekend and put in Engine Ice. I understand many motorcycle owners use this product. If anyone else has had experience with this product or any other please let me know.

Also would love to hear form Talon owners in the desert areas, are you using anything to help overcome the summer heat and any tricks you may have learned.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have used Engine Ice in the past on some of my rides,
It is a very good product, but I am not sure it is really needed in the Talon as they have a over sized radiator according to what I have read.
I live in Arizona where the temps can get very high and have yet to see any over heating problems.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi DRKnight, thanks for your feedback. I do not know if it will make a difference and all feedback is very welcome.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update -- Hess Motorsports does not recommend using Engine Ice. They indicated it will eventually corrode aftermarket radiators. If you are using it as I was you have to purge and clean the cooling system before installing another radiator. The process is to clean with 50/50 distilled water and distilled white vinegar then flush twice with distilled water drain then install new radiator and use premixed antifreeze, Hess recommended Peak. I did not notice one bit of difference with Engine Ice and no where do they claim it actually works any better than other products. Only benefit is it is not lethal to animals or poses an environmental hazard. No better than good antifreeze for cooling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts