Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the dyno jet air filter on there talon? I need to replace my air filter and want to try this one. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Has anyone used the dyno jet air filter on there talon? I need to replace my air filter and want to try this one. Any advice would be appreciated.
It is the R2C filter available everywhere. It is a good cleanable filter with a little more surface area than stock so it will last a little longer before it needs to be cleaned. It will plug up just like the stock filter without some sort of pre-filter or particle separator.

Some have had sealing issues but all in all it is a good filter. Is it worth the $125 price? Probably if you don't use something in front of it but if you already have a pre-filter or particle separator (or plan to get one), I think it is a waste of money.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Hi PaulF, that is the filter I use and I believe it is much better than factory. No particle separator, but I do not run in sand! I do use Warrior snorkel and a lot less grit from the higher intake location. One benefit is you can clean it.

Hope this helps Wesley H.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I haven’t tried it, but the OEM Honda air filter is very good. It doesn’t let anything through. If you want to save money by less filter changes, I would invest in a particle separator / pre filter. S&B and KWT both make them for the honda. the cheapest solution is a snorkel with a filter on top.
I run the KWT and just went 2000 miles before changing it. I ride in very dusty desert conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts