Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anyone know how to take the dummy switch plate out that is next to the light switch on the left side of dash?
mom a dummy cause I can’t get it out andI want to put my winch switch there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Carefully cut it out. Some guys use utility knife. I have seen oscillating saw worked great. Just make sure ur switch is same size. Mine is an live valve so I don’t have dummy hole there. What part of Tennessee?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carefully cut it out. Some guys use utility knife. I have seen oscillating saw worked great. Just make sure ur switch is same size. Mine is an live valve so I don’t have dummy hole there. What part of Tennessee?
Dover, and the hole is there I just need to get the plug plate out some how

·
Registered
129 Posts
It it’s only way. Mines different so can’t say for sure. XTC products makes a plate with 3 slots for rite above that tho. An Honda has a plate that comes with there sub harness.

·
Registered
23 Posts

from the website
To install, remove the lower steering cover by removing the 4 push clips holding it to the dash. Reach inside and remove the blank by squeezing the clips. Once removed, insert the adaptor and reinstall the steering cover. Done!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got the dumby out with a pick. I bought an adapter from a guy named sspeederr on the other honda site that fits normal size rocker switches. He 3d prints them & reasonable.
Thanks, I was trying a flathead screwdriver but didn’t want to mess up the dash. I’ll try again tomorrow. I have a switch that goes to my winch so if I can get it out it should work in its place then. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

from the website
To install, remove the lower steering cover by removing the 4 push clips holding it to the dash. Reach inside and remove the blank by squeezing the clips. Once removed, insert the adaptor and reinstall the steering cover. Done!
Thanks, I’ll do that tomorrow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can’t get that with a tool you have to go in from under the hood and Squeeze the 2 end together to get it to release and it comes right out. But you will need adapter cause the hole is very big

1 - 11 of 11 Posts