Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're gonna head up to Duck Creek this weekend, this will be the first real road trip with the Talon.
Gonna be nice to get out of this 115-degree weather in Vegas.

Any tips ? I have normal SxS stuff . Where do you guys store your rods for fishing?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’ll b honest when I go riding I’m not fishing lol. I carry along a army type folding shovel, a folding 12inch tree saw, gerber ax, lighter or water proof matches, first aid kit, toe strap with Clevis, cooler, maybe a couple light blank set for the kids for after dark riding. Ax n shovel have there own mounts. Saw in glove box with first aid kit. Strap under drivers seat. Cooler strapped in cargo area. Idk if I’m forgetting anything or not. Sometimes a cordless 18v air compressor. Good luck boss

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought I would share my experience with the Talon on a multiple day ride from early am to late afternoon each day.
From a terrain perspective the Talon handled everything we rode on.
Rode in the Rain , mud , deep mud, and sun.

Here are some of the misses that I can correct
Hood squeaks everywhere need to put foam tape on it , extremely annoying
Doors rattle even after adjustment
Shift point from first to second in AT set way to high
Hood dumps rain right into the cab
Biggest gripe is the bog down before hammering the gas more pronounced on an incline - I am not sure how to fix this but its annoying as hell. Just did the service so air filter is new

Good
Reliable never had a hic up
Tires held up good
Kids rocked the music when appropriate
Went thru some mud that I honestly expected to winch out of
The exhaust sounded good underway
Fuel consumption was very different on the trails than out in the desert ( LOL )

Overall great time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts