Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Video I did of my dual battery setup if anyone is interested.

I am upgrading to the Elite SXS battery box used in the video to get a bit larger battery. I am pulling more amps than the current extra battery can handle and have added a tone of extra electrical devices. The box you are using is priced well and will support a regular sized battery. Thanks for your post!

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Wow, Elite Side-by-Side Engineering paired the battery box with their Talon shift plate for the same price and took 15% off the price. Dropped the price for both items to $55.25.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a factory "key on" connection already there, it is right on the front of the steering column and capped off. You can get a premade harness like this one here...
I believe it is limited to 10 amps and shared with the cig lighter so you would need a relay for anything more than that...

View attachment 635
The one I bought for my x is a plug into factory switched connection with relay but is a fused 30 amp bar. Like 65 dollars on amazon
Wow, Elite Side-by-Side Engineering paired the battery box with their Talon shift plate for the same price and took 15% off the price. Dropped the price for both items to $55.25.
Playing stereo in my talon in garage while working on wifes rzr. Maybe like 2 hours of pretty loud music and walked over to start it and not enough power left in battery.. watching and reading this forum.. thinking I definitely have to go to a second battery.. or not play stereo when talon is off. Wifes battery is much bigger in rzr under seat.. seams honda could have put a bigger battery in for us.. not much bigger than the battery on my rincon 4 wheeler..

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Video I did of my dual battery setup if anyone is interested.

Terry,
You are the best and I enjoy your videos and follow your advice. Thanks for taking the time as I know that this is not as easy to edit and put together as one thinks

21 - 25 of 25 Posts