Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a buddy install a ajk off road dual battery kit. I have a light bar, lighted side mirrors and whips running off of it. Ran for several days no problem, then one night ride. Light bar would turn on for 3-5 seconds then shut off for about 10 seconds. Battery checked out good.
Isolator?oem battery too small? Any recommendations? I have a sound bar running off original battery and considering going w. Sub and amplifier and unsure where to run those off of.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would check all of the connections. Hopefully just a loose connection somewhere in the new system. I have a single original battery and can run my winch and large KC light bar with the buggy running no problem. Let us know what you find. Good luck!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Do you have the voltmeters installed by chance?

First steps I would go through, is it wired correctly?

Then as teratrooper stated - all connections tight.

Then - what’s the voltage when charging, what’s the voltage when shutting off, etc.

I hate to guess without data (but I will) but it almost seems like running off a second battery that is not getting charged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.