Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my new talon x-4 for its first ride. Hit a rock I’m guessing and there’s a small dent in the frame right outside the skid plate in the middle of the machine. Was wondering if this was a common thing for 4 seaters or if I need to get it fixed
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive parking light

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took my new talon x-4 for its first ride. Hit a rock I’m guessing and there’s a small dent in the frame right outside the skid plate in the middle of the machine. Was wondering if this was a common thing for 4 seaters or if I need to get it fixed View attachment 3646
My question is how hard did u hit?
Any idea if it’s anything major or something to not worry about

· Registered
129 Posts
Honestly no I don’t. I’d probably be worried about it if was mine but probably won’t hurt anything. I’m just curious as to how tough frame is in the talons. Nobody here where I ride has one but I have seen several rzr’s rolled flipped back an not have smut but a scratch so makes me wonder.

· Registered
2020 Talon X4 Live Valve
57 Posts
Both sides of mine are dented on my x 4 have been for 2 years. Its the lower support side to side. Its really up to you if want it fixed. A small dent is pretty easy when you consider the amount of weight in motion against a rock. You could take it to a shop have them cut it out sleeve it and rebuild it.

As I said thou mine has been dented both sides from rock crawling and high speed desert stuff. Have not seen any stress marks in joints after the dents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.