Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a wheel stud that holds the rotor on backs out of hub checking on the caliper causing me to crash. The car is totaled! I was on top of a 300 ft sand dune when the wheel looked immediately turning me down the dune. Because it was unexpected, the car flipped end over end 4 times!

Here the kicker, HONDA AMERICA WOULD NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS! There is a safety bulleting on this issue, but my car was just outside the VIN range. THEY WOULD NOT EVEN COVER DAMAGED THE PARTS UNDER WARRANTY. The rational was "the car had over 1000 miles on it, anything could have happened" The car was less than a year old and just over 1000 miles, even accused the dealer of possible taking the rotor off...COME ON!

I have owned Hondas for over 25 years...Never again! Just picked up my new Can AM X3 RR.. what would you do?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had studs back out on my 2012 RZR 900 XP. I changed the rotors and reused bolts without adding sufficient red loctite. Mine just knocked the tip of a stud and bent it. It came out slowly thus not stopping machine.

I’ve never heard of a new machine having an issue. Generally the bolts are heavily preloctited before install.

Honda should be able to tell if factory defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can't speak to Honda, but, on another brand I was a dealer for, rotor shoulder bolts had factory applied "patchlok" on them, and if you didn't apply heat and use an old-school impact driver you better have a good supply of T30 bits on hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts