Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where the funnels come down from the airbox into the throttle body, the bands holding them in place came loose, and my engine sucked dirty air. The bands were never secured properly, from the factory. (Others have had this same problem, so it isn't just me!) It had just gone off warranty when it started acting up, and naturally Honda refused to cover it, even though obviously it would have started much earlier while I was still well under warranty. Anyway, I had to pay for a rebuild, and after 10+ months I may finally get it back this weekend. Fortunately, a local dealer (Honda Yamaha of Redlands, CA) has a guy who does great rebuilds, which cost me $6K. I have nothing but distain for Honda, after this terrible experience!!!

We went round and round with Honda trying to find a crate engine, but they insisted that no such thing exists. Well.....

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would absolutely not trust anything except an OEM engine or one rebuilt by someone local who I trusted, and I could deal with face to face. One reason it took 10+ months is the availability of parts, plus there is a labor shortage of qualified techs. Not to mention the toads at Honda, who stone walled us at every turn!

Had the create engine option been available back when this all began, I would have certainly gone that route, even though it would have been more expensive, and I would have asked jsports to install it. Not sure they do that kind of work (they are more of a fabricator and race support), but at least they are local for me, and again I can deal with them face to face.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts