Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this trail near Bishop/Big Pine, CA, as a loop? I have done it many times as an out-and-back, but decided last weekend to do the whole loop in the counter clockwise direction (entering near Bishop and exiting near Big Pine). The basic route is 7S10 to 32E03 to 33E07. With a bunch of side trips like the South Lake overlook and Funnel Lake, etc., the whole trip was just over 100 miles. Max elevation is ~11,000 ft.

I have to say that I would never try this trip in the clockwise direction! The trail from Sugerloaf Mtn. back down to the valley was hairy....and never ending. Several very technical rock sections, and a bunch of deep sandy descents where all you could do is slide and try to not go off a 1,000 ft. cliff!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has anyone done this trail near Bishop/Big Pine, CA, as a loop? I have done it many times as an out-and-back, but decided last weekend to do the whole loop in the counter clockwise direction (entering near Bishop and exiting near Big Pine). The basic route is 7S10 to 32E03 to 33E07. With a bunch of side trips like the South Lake overlook and Funnel Lake, etc., the whole trip was just over 100 miles. Max elevation is ~11,000 ft.

I have to say that I would never try this trip in the clockwise direction! The trail from Sugerloaf Mtn. back down to the valley was hairy....and never ending. Several very technical rock sections, and a bunch of deep sandy descents where all you could do is slide and try to not go off a 1,000 ft. cliff!

Sounds like a fun trip. Bummer I missed it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts