Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new 1000X-4 Special Edition after 4 months of waiting. I got it home, took a 20 minute easy ride in it and it overheated. I checked and the fan doesn't come on at all, even though it's running hot. Anyone else ever had that problem?

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
24 Posts
Follow the fan lead from the fan to the connector. Make sure it's plugged in. From there check the fuses if you haven't already. You'll also want to check all ground connections under driver's seat and left rear frame to engine. And just so you know they're tight, remove the battery cover and check the cables. Mine had the positive cable bolt loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Follow the fan lead from the fan to the connector. Make sure it's plugged in. From there check the fuses if you haven't already. You'll also want to check all ground connections under driver's seat and left rear frame to engine. And just so you know they're tight, remove the battery cover and check the cables. Mine had the positive cable bolt loose.
Thank you very much. I'm heading out right now to check on those things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.