Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We wanted a cooler that was attached, could drain in place and not “easily” removable so I searched around and came up with the following installation

Ozark Trail 35QT Hard Sided Cooler, Dark Blue
2 Pack Cooler Lock Bracket
2 Pack Marine Turnbuckle

I removed one of the bolts on each side of the rear attachment point and drilled out the hole, through the attached nut underneath and used 1/4” x 2” stainless eye bolts, secured with nylon lock nuts through the bracket underneath, I ditched the original turnbuckle attachments and sleeved the holes in the turnbuckles with 1/2” OD stainless tubing to prevent the threads on the cap screws I planned to use from rubbing and eating away at the attachment points, and then attached the turnbuckles to the cooler locks and eye bolts using 3/8” x 1-1/2” stainless cap screws with nylon lock nuts.

This is a very nice cooler, has a removable led light that comes on when the lid is opened and goes off when closed

Not the perfect blue but it will work

This puts the cooler perfectly mounted towards the rear of the cargo area so the air box is still accessible without removing the cooler, can access cooler drain plug to drain in place as needed

Upper attachment

Lower attachment, led whip mounts still have plenty of clearance

Eye bolt through bed into bracket underneath

1 - 2 of 2 Posts