Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a compression test, engine warm, cranking wide open throttle and can let me know the results?. Manual says 138 psi warm at 400 rpm, but the engine cranks at just around 225 ISH rpm, [ can get to 350 rpm with charger on battery in 50 amp boost mode]. I recently had a bad air filter experience and want to know how much immediate damage has happened. I realize there is a decompression valve. But just looking to compare normal cranking rpm pressure tests to hopefully make myself feel better.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true, was just wondering if anyone out there had a compression tester and would be kind enough to do a test quick and let me know what they got for numbers. Just for comparison sake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that with a cold engine and throttle at idle (throttle bodies closed)? If so it should be done warm engine full throttle, ( throttle bodies wide open), thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you get a chance to redo it try it when the engine is warm and the throttle wide open. That is typically when you should do them. Thank you for your reply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts