Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. 1st post…. I’m looking at a Talon R. It has an OEM aluminum roof and the owner has measured the top at 77”. My enclosed trailer measures 76” at the door opening, then expands to 80”. This is due to the large spring over the rear door that helps lower the door.
So….ideas? I need about 2”. I’m thinking I could somehow compress the rear suspension with a ratchet strap for just loading. Experiences? Input?
anybody else solve it another way?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 1000-X SE
28 Posts
Ok. 1st post…. I’m looking at a Talon R. It has an OEM aluminum roof and the owner has measured the top at 77”. My enclosed trailer measures 76” at the door opening, then expands to 80”. This is due to the large spring over the rear door that helps lower the door.
So….ideas? I need about 2”. I’m thinking I could somehow compress the rear suspension with a ratchet strap for just loading. Experiences? Input?
anybody else solve it another way?
Thanks in advance.
I have multiple enclosed trailers and had the same issue. Im not sure about compressing the suspension, that doesn’t sound easy. I ended up with an open trailer. You could change out the roll cage to something shorter. I found loading in the enclosed you need even more clearance because the buggy is being loaded on an angle. You probably need closer to 4in to be safe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It must have oversize wheels and tires. My R is not that tall, more like 72". You did not say if Talon is a four seat, maybe they are taller. Also mine does not have an aluminum roof it is plastic. You could install smaller wheels and tires for transport but that would be a PITA. Sometimes the angle of the ramp can be an advantage with door clearance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It must have oversize wheels and tires. My R is not that tall, more like 72". You did not say if Talon is a four seat, maybe they are taller. Also mine does not have an aluminum roof it is plastic. You could install smaller wheels and tires for transport but that would be a PITA. Sometimes the angle of the ramp can be an advantage with door clearance.
They don’t make a 4 seat R as far as I know. It does have aftermarket tires. I can’t believe with a stated rear travel of nearly 18” I can’t compress 2 inches of that. Remember that once I clear the door I have nearly 80” of height.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Our Talon 4 seater is about 77.5 inches tall at the back of the roof where it is the highest. That is with about 50lbs in a tool box in the back, and 15lbs of air in the tires. I don't see why you could not compress the rear a couple of inches with a ratchet strap on each side.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ive gotan R woth 32” tires goes in trailer just fine im measure 74-1/2” on stock roof have not touched spring adjustments since it was new ,fyi if you still got stock wheels should be able to throw them on back of machine to load that should give you what you need but would have to change tires when you unload

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.