Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I always ride with others, so not overly concerned. However, that seems to be a common misconception over the old models. If you look on the ohv forums (jeeps etc) people talk about how they changed and how great they are.

I had one on my Rubicon and it pulled me out of a few ugly spots, absolutely bullet proof in my experience.

· Registered
183 Posts
Have had the brand name winches and the cheap Harbor Tools winches over the years on lots of different applications. The cheaper winches work well if you only use them occasionally, but if it was a daily thing and hard pulls I would opt for the more spendy brand name units. Also be sure and try and make it harder to steal off your machine. I always tack welded a small weld on one of the bolts or the nuts holding the bolt from the winch on to the machine that I could grind off if I needed to remove the winch, but a thief would not be able to remove the winch easily!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.