Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Talon 1000R 2-seater with 30" Terra Master Tires - 2,000 miles on car

Have a question about the i4wd in sand wash chop / wash board riding. I was recently on a trip and when driving in the chop / wash board sand at anything above 35MPH the car feels to me like it is confused. It actually handles better in 2 wheel but still like herding a boat. I recently had shocks done at Wellers and it handles this the same issue the same as previous trips (happy with shocks and springs before you ask). I am happy with car in dirt trails and the rock climbing I have done ( I try to avoid deep sand and mud), it is just this chop that has me buffaloed. Debating the Torq Locker but not really sure if it will address my issue. Also concerned if will make turn harder??

For the record, I have had brakes bled and was not the issue

I know Paul is testing the Locker right now & hoping to get some feed back when he returns. The locker on back order anyway.

Open to ideas and comments from others if they have experienced this problem. I know the short wheel base does not help the issue.

· Registered
402 Posts
TorqLocker makes little/no difference. 2 things I did that seemed to help the most was lower tire pressure (7 psi for my 30x10x15) and backed off the crossovers to almost coil bind. You give up bottom out resistance but it does improve the handling on washboards. YMMV

· Registered
2019 Honda Talon 1000R
27 Posts
I have purchased bandit springs, helped a little. Have now purchased the fox rc2 offering, fronts are already here, of course the rear shocks that are needed most are on backorder, hoping just a couple more weeks out. Tons of money, if these don't help nothing will! I have to believe with being able to fully adjust high and low compression and rebound this will finally be the ride it should have always been. Light Product Coil spring Gas Shock absorber

· Registered
3 Posts
I have purchased bandit springs, helped a little. Have now purchased the fox rc2 offering, fronts are already here, of course the rear shocks that are needed most are on backorder, hoping just a couple more weeks out. Tons of money, if these don't help nothing will! I have to believe with being able to fully adjust high and low compression and rebound this will finally be the ride it should have always been. View attachment 3654
What about different shock companies have anybody tried like king ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts