Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding this weekend, Fri & Sat. After I got home I started washing the unit and when I opened the doors and started washing seats I noticed I was looking at the motor and knew something wasn’t right….. Behind the passenger’s side seat a decent size hole had been created after the plastic had melted away. Has anyone seen this?

·
Registered
190 Posts
That doesn't look like it caught on fire, it appears that a hole melted through.

It is directly forward of the exhaust, are all your exhaust shields in place? Talon exhaust gets HOT...

·
Registered
190 Posts
did you purchase new, by chance is it used/modified?
Ugh, I forgot about that little piece of "tin foil". I insulated my entire rear firewall with reflective, adhesive backed insulation.

Come to think of it, my "tin foil" fell off just after I bought mine. Apparently it is necessary!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My tin foil is crumbled up in a ball just below the picture. I plan to order the adhesive back heat shield. Can someone give me good advice on some that hold up? Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yes I did by new, 3000 miles and rolling…..👍👍👍👍

·
Registered
190 Posts
My tin foil is crumbled up in a ball just below the picture. I plan to order the adhesive back heat shield. Can someone give me good advice on some that hold up? Thanks
I used this stuff on my entire rear firewall. About 2000 miles and so far, so good...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Possibly Honda can tap the insulation engineer to help the suspension engineers with the stock shock setup, the insulation engineer seemed to get the aluminum foil placed very well (not saying its high quality but its effective}.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts