Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2020 Talon 4 seater

Where I live you can drive them on the street.

I would like to install a set of LT tires is it possible to get them for the factory wheels?

The factory wheels are more narrow in the front than the rear, right?

I would prefer to keep the tires close to the stock height.

Any threads on this (I couldn't find one)

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
62 Posts
In my opinion a tire is a tire. Some are dot approved and some are not. Both are used so I would say yes. The only real question is size. Many posts about this. Good luck and ride on!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my opinion a tire is a tire. Some are dot approved and some are not. Both are used so I would say yes. The only real question is size. Many posts about this. Good luck and ride on!!
Yes but what to do about the rear tires being wider than the fronts?

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
62 Posts
In my opinion a tire is a tire. Some are dot approved and some are not. Both are used so I would say yes. The only real question is size. Many posts about this. Good luck and ride on

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
62 Posts
That’s a whole rim offset issue. Can’t remember exactly the offset needed in rims( research in the forum has the answer) you can run all the same rims and tires with a 1.5” spacer on the rear or get the correct offset in the rear in the rim but can’t rotate the tires( front to rear).

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
62 Posts
To be clear. All rims and tires the same size. Rear has a 1.5” spacer allowing full rotation and width of the front and back. Hope that helps, I know it’s been posted but I won’t worry till my stock wear out. Then it would be some 30” for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ran 32x10x15 Terrabites DOT tires on stock rims on my Talon 1000R for over a 1000 miles off-road and on pavement in Arizona this winter, worked great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran 32x10x15 Terrabites DOT tires on stock rims on my Talon 1000R for over a 1000 miles off-road and on pavement in Arizona this winter, worked great.

How did you handle the different size wheels? Wouldnt the overall size be differnent on the front vs the rear or is it so small it doesnt matter?

I will not be using 4 wheel drive while the street tires are on it but do not want to mess up the transfer case (not sure if that applies here)

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes but what to do about the rear tires being wider than the fronts?
Get on line and find a chart that's shows the height on the wider tire and the thinner one. Make dang sure they are the same or it will put a bind on the drivetrain. The different width will not hurt as long as the height is the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought 20's with 35" tires, only 9.5 wide. If you chose to change wheels, it will be easier to put LT tires on that are the same width.
If you do that an 1.5" spacer will be needed to be same width or track the same.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You will be fine running the same size tire front and rear on the stock wheels. The difference is next to nothing. There are lots of guys doing it. I have 30" tires on my stock wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You will be fine running the same size tire front and rear on the stock wheels. The difference is next to nothing. There are lots of guys doing it. I have 30" tires on my stock wheels.

That makes sense actually, I think i was overthinking it

Thank you bro!

·
Registered
9 Posts
How did you handle the different size wheels? Wouldnt the overall size be differnent on the front vs the rear or is it so small it doesnt matter?

I will not be using 4 wheel drive while the street tires are on it but do not want to mess up the transfer case (not sure if that applies here)

Thoughts?
As l said l ran over a 1000 miles, no problems. I think the size difference was so slight it didn't affect the 4 whl. drive, if the front kicked in it was in loose stuff anyway. I've read about problems with the front but it was when two different size tires were run on the front. I had a flat, no spare, had a rock get inside the wheel and puncture the rim. My only option was to borrow a 30" spare off an X3, so I ran a 30 and 32" on the front and never put it in 4 whl. drive. Worked great.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I posted a thread on that there are several ways and speedohealer is one. You do not calibrate the speedo the device intercepts the signal from the diff and adds or subtracts rpm data. Find the thread and there are also manual calculators. Warning you cannot use speedohealer with the factory turbo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2020 Talon 4 seater

Where I live you can drive them on the street.

I would like to install a set of LT tires is it possible to get them for the factory wheels?

The factory wheels are more narrow in the front than the rear, right?

I would prefer to keep the tires close to the stock height.

Any threads on this (I couldn't find one)

Thank you for your help! View attachment 1142

I’m running LT31x10.50 on the stock rims with 2”spacers in the back

1 - 17 of 17 Posts