Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My profile:
  • older rider doing trails in Tenn and KY, and riding some back paved roads in Ohio; I have a stock 2021 Talon 1000X
  • I am finding on the trails that I am bottoming out a lot from shorter belly height than most; I just want to get through safe
  • I am considering a lift and 32" tires to solve these issues.

*I found this product, but can't find anyone that has experience with it: HONDA lift kits & accessories
I just don't know which way to go.

*I am considering these tires: Fuel Gripper T/R/K (Fuel Gripper T/R/K) in 32X10R15 on my stock wheels to replace my stock tires. I am told they will fit on my stock wheels; I don't want to replace wheels and get beadlocks, and I am told these have strong sidewalls. I am also told that these tires will hold up well on pavement.

*Will I need wheel spacers, and if so, what do I order for those in what sizes?

Your thoughts and advice for a newbie?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My profile:
  • older rider doing trails in Tenn and KY, and riding some back paved roads in Ohio; I have a stock 2021 Talon 1000X
  • I am finding on the trails that I am bottoming out a lot from shorter belly height than most; I just want to get through safe

*I found this product, but can't find anyone that has experience with it: HONDA lift kits & accessories

*I am considering these tires: Fuel Gripper T/R/K (Fuel Gripper T/R/K) in 32X10R15 on my stock wheels to replace my stock tires. I am told they will fit on my stock wheels; I don't want to replace wheels and get beadlocks, and I am told these have strong sidewalls. I am also told that these tires will hold up well on pavement.

My profile:

I have a 2020 1000X4 and just recently installed 32/10/15 BFG mud terrains on the factory wheels, with a spacer for the rear end provided by Rough Country for about 70$. That gave alot more ground clearance for me not sure about the lift.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Hi IRGU4U Super ATV has some excellent lift kits designed for our Hondas and you can message them on this website and ask for a discount as well. If money is not an object I would recommend the 4" Portals, you can run them with the stock rims and I do. If you are looking for just the lift then there are a lot of options such as their 2" lift kit and it is only about $200. Or up to their 8" lift kit. It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Do contact SuperATV on this site and see what he recommends. I do not work for SuperATV but have a bunch of their products I am very happy with.

As far as spacers I run the 2" ones and am very happy with the wider stance creates a rock-solid stance. From what it sounds like the 2" lift and the 32" tires should be an excellent starting point.

·
Super Moderator
316 Posts
Thanks BD!!

Yeah...we have a ton of options to fit whatever riding style you need.

Sounds like you're in our neck of the woods. Personally, I think the best thing for you would be the forward offset high clearance A-arms. Link: Home Page - SuperATV
With those you can run up to a 34" easily if you wanted to. 32"s would be easy. You'll get more ground clearance with the bigger tire and even more under the front with the high clearance arms.

From there, I'd highly recommend a skid plate, so if you do bottom out...you can just slide right over rocks and roots.

If you need more, its easy.... We have a quick 2" lift for it..........or you can go a little more hardcore with some 4" portals. You'd get 4" of lift, 8" overall more width, and choose between either 15% or 30% gear reduction. And then you can go with a way bigger tire if you want...for even more clearance!! Tons of options to choose from. But for you......personally, I'd start with the forward arms, bigger tires, and a skid plate. We can build up from there if you need it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I pulled the trigger on the 32" tires on my stock wheels. I also ordered the SuperATV Honda Talon 1000X High Clearance 1.5" Forward A-Arms. They told me that I will not need any WHEEL spacers by using the forward A-Arms. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS FOR ME? They are telling me that the back end should be fine, and the front won't rub due to having the forward A-arms.

I'm going to look at it afterwards and see if I really need the extra 2 inches by lifting it.

Let me know what you think about the need for spacers...

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, I pulled the trigger on the 32" tires on my stock wheels. I also ordered the SuperATV Honda Talon 1000X High Clearance 1.5" Forward A-Arms. They told me that I will not need any WHEEL spacers by using the forward A-Arms. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS FOR ME? They are telling me that the back end should be fine, and the front won't rub due to having the forward A-arms.

I'm going to look at it afterwards and see if I really need the extra 2 inches by lifting it.

Let me know what you think about the need for spacers...
I don't think you would need spacers since you are keeping your stock wheels. Most people use spacers in the rear when they change wheels to the same offset all the way around the machine. This gets the width in the rear to match the front width.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Super ATV has some excellent lift kits designed for our Hondas and you can message them on this website and ask for a discount as well."

Not sure how to do this...I tried starting a conversation thru the SuperATV vendor above about discounts, but nothing is coming back to me in the way of a response. Is there a code or something I should be asking about?

·
Super Moderator
316 Posts
"Super ATV has some excellent lift kits designed for our Hondas and you can message them on this website and ask for a discount as well."

Not sure how to do this...I tried starting a conversation thru the SuperATV vendor above about discounts, but nothing is coming back to me in the way of a response. Is there a code or something I should be asking about?

·
Registered
54 Posts
My profile:

I bought 30 inch, tires and new wheels, with 1.5 inch spacers on rear wheels. then all 4 tiers are same size. they say 32 inch can rub wheel wells in turns, plus larger tires change the transmission speeds lower, so I went with 30 do not notice any redued speed, the new tires are better for asphalt roads but it is a little more top heavy in sandy desert wash turns. but all in all new tires ride much better, stronger, and only need 1 spare as all tires are the same. A must do change.'

·
Registered
10 Posts
My profile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.