Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took our brand new 1000r FLV out on it's first ride Saturday the 26th and on the short ride to the trails noticed it wasn't shifting past 3rd in auto. Once on the trail all was good as it never needed to go past 2nd. We got on a gravel road and again noticed nothing past 3rd but I could throw it into 4th with the paddle only for it to go back into 3rd and when I slowed it went to 1st and wouldn't come out unless I killed the engine. Manual mode worked but when I would stop the engine would die and there was a hard clunk when it came to a stop. Took it straight to dealer and they are able to replicate the issues but said it only happens when the fluid is up to temp however it is not throwing any codes. They are puzzled and getting Honda involved but I was wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this issue?

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
111 Posts
Hey Cestratton, that really is sad to hear. I’ve yet to hear any issue like what you are dealing with. I have 600 miles on my 2020 lv and have had only minor things like I4WD light coming on but know it will shut off after awhile due to a discrepancy between the tires and the Computer. Hope this is a small problem but please keep us posted man.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts