Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda 1000R
42 Posts
Wheel & Tire Update – I put about 60 miles on the new 30’s and rims yesterday. I have to say I love the 30’s. Without a doubt I will be keeping them on the Talon. I was on everything we have to offer in the Utah desert. Loose dirt climbs, rocky climbs, high speed hard pack with loose gravel with sections of ruts and the new 30’s performed flawlessly. Three take a ways for me are, first the extra ground clearance is nice, no torque issues when climbing, and for sure it calms the throttle down just a touch. Not to mention, it just looks right now. One word of caution for anyone thinking about putting 15x7x30-2’s on your Talon – Check your trailer clearance first. The fronts are about 2 to 3 inches wider than stock. I can get it on the trailer, but if they were ½ of an inch bigger, I doubt I could. By the way the tires I put on were ITC Ultracross’s I didn’t check before hand and that was a big surprise. Other than that, I love them and won’t be going back to stock anytime soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For some good evaluations check out SlikRok they do not sell tires but they evaluate them. Good solid recommendations and the pros and cons of some of the best tires according to them and they should know. Find their site at slikrokproductions and of course .com. I did not want to add a link just go to a browser and or google it. They even have recommendations on upgrading dampers. They helped me when I was looking for the best possible all-around tire. You can contact them. Is there one best answer -- no --

Stay safe and have fun!
Where do you find their opinions, I went to the page and not really finding anything newer than 3 years old in their blog. I have to be missing something.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Where do you find their opinions, I went to the page and not really finding anything newer than 3 years old in their blog. I have to be missing something.
The Slick Rock Editions come in just one size 35 x 10 - 15

Here is the information from SuperATV:
SlikRok Approved
We teamed up with industry leading rock crawling experts, SlikRok Productions, to design the ultimate rock tire. The guys at SlikRok live, eat, and breathe rock crawling and hail from the sandstone rock gardens of Utah. When they said it needed the perfect combination of size, tread, rubber compound, and versatility, we made sure to listen. Our design gives rock crawlers the control and grip they need to dominate the rocks and ride the trails in between. The best part is we built in SlikRok’s #1 requirement—it fits on 4” GDP Portal Gear Lifts. From top to bottom, these tires are SlikRok approved.

SlickRock did an article on them and they are excellent. If you contact SlickRock bet they can get you a copy . Again the Sick Rock Edition Warriors only come in 35 x 10 x 15. Best if you have 4" portals, and SuperATV 1.5 inch forward A-Arms. I started with only the forward A-Arms. I do not work for or have any connection with SuperATV but they are very easy to work with and offer excellent value for the price. If you want a discount just call them and ask for one.

Here is one of the liks:

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
The Slick Rock Editions come in just one size 35 x 10 - 15

Here is the initial evaluation against the top 4 tires. Again SlickRock's initial evaluation led to a two month evaluation of the SuperATV Warrior SlickRock Edition tire -- 35 x 10 -15. Always important to seek outside evaluations and SlickRock is dedicated to the very best of Rock Crowling!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks, Yah I am stopping at 32s right now, it would be tires and wheels or portals for me, lol. I was hoping they had info on all kinds of tires but could not find anything. But thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm trying to decide 30 or 32. Texas, so a litle of everything. I need tough for rocky trails, but I can't go getting stuck when my friends lead me to mud...I also like to drive it the way it was designed, fast, slides, little jumps. Looking at the lightest tires available to ensure best performance. Just read an article on CST Dingos. Look promising

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I understand, if you go over 32s it takes a lot of additional items to make sure you keep the torque and proper fitment in the fender well is a must. At the end of the day get the biggest tire and make sure you cost out everything that will make them run well and not rub.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts