Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having issues with their battery draining with the key off?
Had bluetooth speakers hooked directly to battery and while hooking it through a key activated switch, I felt a vibration under the driver seat while the key was off and 2021 talon fox live valve was still strapped to the trailer.... what could that be? Are the shocks trying to level with the key off?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not sure why or how that would happen, sounds like a wiring problem with the bluetooth system. Eazy solution is to disconect the bluetooth and see if the battery keep draining. If it stops, find a clean acc power sorce, not tapping into an existing one. Oh, if your battery dies, after charging it your suspension and you 4x4 warning light may be on. If so, take it out and nail it across the pasture, they will go off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure why or how that would happen, sounds like a wiring problem with the bluetooth system. Eazy solution is to disconect the bluetooth and see if the battery keep draining. If it stops, find a clean acc power sorce, not tapping into an existing one. Oh, if your battery dies, after charging it your suspension and you 4x4 warning light may be on. If so, take it out and nail it across the pasture, they will go off.
The Bluetooth speakers were not hooked up while this happened... I have already installed a Honda wiring harness that plugs into the existing harness that feeds the accessories, so I don't think it's a wiring issue created by me, but I'll unplug that and see if the battery still drains.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Bluetooth speakers were not hooked up while this happened... I have already installed a Honda wiring harness that plugs into the existing harness that feeds the accessories, so I don't think it's a wiring issue created by me, but I'll unplug that and see if the battery still drains.
It's just the process of elimination, it may not be you, may be the harness you bought. It's just an idea to chase the problem for free and keep the dealer out of it. May not be you, could be that harness.
Also could be the battery, if diconecting it still drains the battery, pull the battery, charge it, check voltage, set it on the bench over night, check voltage if it dropped considerably, would change it, probably the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.