Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed bandit tender springs well with the money. Large difference on slow rocky trails better ride quality also much more throttle control over bumps illuminates some of the choppiness over bumps. The ride now is smoother at low speeds you guys now what I'm talking about, well worth $200.00. I set preload at front 5'' and rear 4'' I did gain 1.5 more ground clearance as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Installed bandit tender springs well with the money. Large difference on slow rocky trails better ride quality also much more throttle control over bumps illuminates some of the choppiness over bumps. The ride now is smoother at low speeds you guys now what I'm talking about, well worth $200.00. I set preload at front 5'' and rear 4'' I did gain 1.5 more ground clearance as well.
Mine are coming in tomorrow. Can't waite as the stock ride is miserable in the rocky mountains in AZ !:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
16k MILES? :oops: Holy cotton candy flavored dog biscuits... Who needs a car when you can take the Talon?
He rides almost every day and has 2 Talons and a Yamaha YZX also!! i ENVY HIM AS ONCE A WEEK IS MY USUSAL RUN!! t- bob:)

·
Registered
!919 Honda Talon1000x
16 Posts
Just put Bandit tenders in this weekend. I"M liking them already with my 32" tires have plenty of ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I put the first version of the Bandit upper springs and they do help. I understand now you can purchase both upper and lower springs and they offset 100 or so pounds in the back. Any feedback on the new version?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't here about 100 pounds difference. I purchased mine four weeks ago off bandit I don't know what version mine would be. I tried to call bandit to ask about preload or the adjustments 5'' in front and 4'' in rear but no answer but e-mailed refer to their website. Terry on utube mentioned those dimensions. I checked my ride height front and rear .250 high in the front.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't here about 100 pounds difference. I purchased mine four weeks ago off bandit I don't know what version mine would be. I tried to call bandit to ask about preload or the adjustments 5'' in front and 4'' in rear but no answer but e-mailed refer to their website. Terry on utube mentioned those dimensions. I checked my ride height front and rear .250 high in the front.
Hi there, I recieved my tender springs today (07/23/20) and got the same response from Bandit. Product looks good, install was easy but I am struggling to figure out preload settings. I would be interested in where you guys end up. I started at 3.75" in the front and 2.75 in the rear - seems to be not enough, rear is .25" lower than stock. Tomorrow I will go up an inch or so and see what happens. Also, wondering what damper setting you guys use while dialing it in. Thanks for any help, clearly I am no suspension expert.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Talon X - Bandit Tender Preload

5” front and 4” rear is what my bandit paperwork stated - just double checked it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Talon X - Bandit Tender Preload

5” front and 4” rear is what my bandit paperwork stated - just double checked it
Thank you - does that apply to the "new" and "old" version? If not, does anyone know if the "new" version should have more or less than the "old" ones. Not sure when they changed design - sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you - does that apply to the "new" and "old" version? If not, does anyone know if the "new" version should have more or less than the "old" ones. Not sure when they changed design - sorry.
I did 3 1/2 " front and back and did a 75 mile ride. Seemed to work for me.. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did 3 1/2 " front and back and did a 75 mile ride. Seemed to work for me.. :cool:
We did another 1000X this morning and the springs measured the same as the oldest set we did when they first came out. That includes the coil thickness and height. We saw no difference.. T- BOB:giggle:

·
Registered
3 Posts
We did another 1000X this morning and the springs measured the same as the oldest set we did when they first came out. That includes the coil thickness and height. We saw no difference.. T- BOB:giggle:
Thank you. I set my rear at 3.5" and front at 4" just to achieve a negative rake as suggested by Bandit but it still seems a bit stiff up front for rocky New England trails. I will set both front and back to 3.5" (from top of shock - where metal meets plastic - to top of locking ring) and head back out. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you. I set my rear at 3.5" and front at 4" just to achieve a negative rake as suggested by Bandit but it still seems a bit stiff up front for rocky New England trails. I will set both front and back to 3.5" (from top of shock - where metal meets plastic - to top of locking ring) and head back out. Thanks again.
Rocky country here in AZ also, but a better ride than stock for sure. Disconnected the sway bar and will try that Tuesday on another 75+ mile trip. May lean to much! We shall see.. T- BOB:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rocky country here in AZ also, but a better ride than stock for sure. Disconnected the sway bar and will try that Tuesday on another 75+ mile trip. May lean to much! We shall see.. T- BOB:cool:
Took one swaybar link off at the bottom and folded it back up on the sway bar with 3 plastic ties. worked well, with no leaning problems. Gave a little more traction in loose rock in the hills and less kickback. Might give that a try as it is simple to do.. T- BOB:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts