Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While there are thousands of miles of trails in this general area, one of the most popular destinations people seek out is Wickenburg's Box Canyon. Unfortunately, idiots have succeeded in stirring up a hornet's nest with the locals by trashing the place, even leaving buckets of human waste behind. "The Box", as we call it locally, has come close to being shut down by BLM before. Naturally, there are locals who just hate off-road vehicles of any kind, and would complain anyway, but clearly there is reason to complain. As a life-long off-roader this makes me sick. Please folks, pack out your trash, and show respect for folks who live nearby, no matter where you ride. Please pass it along.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Sorry to hear that 1HasBeen, we fact exactly the same problem in Florida, especially at North Port Fl, it only takes a few bad apples to stir up the locals and then the Police get involved. Nice part about the North Port Police is that they post on their home page prior to going out. Trouble is the same thugs use that as an opportunity to stir up even more problems. You just can't fix stupid!

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
68 Posts
I feel the pain, most of us are environmentally concerned but those few people that have no sense give us a bad name. This also applies to diesel owners. We are not all out blowing as much black soot as we can but merely getting the unleashed power of the motor. If you can’t pack out what you pack in then you are the problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The funny(not) thing is all the agencies go around poor-mouthing, saying they have no staff for enforcement, but the last time they shut this area down, suddenly there were BLM Rangers, and Deputy Sheriffs aplenty there to run people off. It would seem to me that the OHV sticker fees we pay could go to a couple Rangers for at least some weekend enforcement for a while. Write some tickets, and have the SO set up a DUI checkpoint on/near the common access roads, and word will spread pretty quickly among the douchebags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts